Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » cache coordination - Received JMS message is null
cache coordination - Received JMS message is null [message #614381] Tue, 21 September 2010 21:55 Go to next message
dreske Missing name is currently offline dreske Missing nameFriend
Hello,

after hours of work, I get the application running with jms cache coordination enabled.
But when the first database update occurs, I get following log message:

Exception Description: Received JMS message is null. Treating it as a JMSException
at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.RemoteCommandManagerException.errorJMSMessageIsNull(RemoteCommandManagerException.java:221)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.coordination.jms.JMSTopicRemoteConnection.run(JMSTopicRemoteConnection.java:298)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
|#]

Here are the settings from the persistence.xml

<property name="eclipselink.cache.shared.default" value="true"/>
 <property name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.protocol" value="jms"/>
<property name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.jms.host" value="iiop://localhost:3700"/> 
<property name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.jms.topic" value="jms/CacheCoordinationTopic"/>
<property name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.jms.factory" value="jms/CacheCoordinationFactory"/>
<property name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.jms.reuse-topic-publisher" value="false"/>

<property name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.jndi.initial-context-factory"
                   value="com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContextFactory"/>

<property name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.jndi.user" value="admin"/>
<property name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.jndi.password" value="adminadmin"/>

Does anybody has an idea, what is wrong?

thanks
Dirk
Re: cache coordination - Received JMS message is null [message #628643 is a reply to message #614381] Thu, 23 September 2010 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

What application server are you running on?

How have you configured the JMS Topic?

When does this error occur, on every update, once, or randomly? Is the application still working, is the cache up to date? Include the full log.

You could have some old data in the topic, ensure you do not have persistence enable for the topic.

Try using the real machine name instead of localhost in the url.

I am working on a cache coordination example that may be of some use,

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/JPA/CacheCoordi nation

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Re: cache coordination - Received JMS message is null [message #629085 is a reply to message #628643] Mon, 27 September 2010 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think, I've tried nearly everything.
I've got it working using activeMQ now.

But I'll try it again today.

Dirk
Re: cache coordination - Received JMS message is null [message #822519 is a reply to message #629085] Fri, 16 March 2012 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Narasimha T is currently offline Narasimha TFriend
Hi

Could you provide the step of instructions how you can able to make the cache coordination work with activemq. We are using glassfish v2,activemq 5.5 and eclipselink.

Thanks in advance
Re: cache coordination - Received JMS message is null [message #825214 is a reply to message #822519] Tue, 20 March 2012 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

I'm not familiar with activemq, have you tried Glassfish's JMS implementation?

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Re: cache coordination - Received JMS message is null [message #825369 is a reply to message #825214] Tue, 20 March 2012 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Narasimha T is currently offline Narasimha TFriend
It was working with JMS already and we are in process of switching to ActiveMQ. dreske said he can able to configure it with activeMQ. I don't know if he still receives updates from this thread.
Re: cache coordination - Received JMS message is null [message #825394 is a reply to message #825369] Tue, 20 March 2012 20:02 Go to previous message
Yes...still receiving updates.
But sorry, I don't have the configuration anymore, since we've migrated to glassfish 3.

The problem was, that we didn't get cache coordination working with glassfish jms. But I can remember that the activemq config was quite easy (I know this does not really help)

regards
Dirk
Previous Topic:JPA Queries with Historical Session
Next Topic:Dynamic JPA and AttributeOverrides
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:20:07 GMT 2024