Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Activator start() method won't get called.
Activator start() method won't get called. [message #603943] Tue, 05 January 2010 10:56 Go to next message
Gabor Beres is currently offline Gabor BeresFriend
Hi!

My plugin has the following requirement: If any *.JAVA file has changed on the workspace, the last launched java file with a main() has to be launched again.

I have succesfully created an IResourceChangeListener implementation, but i have two problems.

1. Somehow my Activator class start() method won't get called, so i cannot call ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace().addResourceChangeListener in the start method.

2. I cannot figured it out how to call the last launched java class from my IResourceChangeListener.

Thanks for any help.
Re: Activator start() method won't get called. [message #604041 is a reply to message #603943] Fri, 08 January 2010 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Artur Kronenberg is currently offline Artur KronenbergFriend
Hi,

try using the org.eclipse.ui.startup extension point to register an early startup.

Implement the IStartup interface and add your ResourceChangeListeners in the earlyStartup method calling:

ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace().addResourceChangeListener(Lis tener);

Best,

Artur
Re: Activator start() method won't get called. [message #604077 is a reply to message #603943] Mon, 11 January 2010 08:01 Go to previous message
Gabor Beres is currently offline Gabor BeresFriend
It works, Thanks.
Previous Topic:Activator start() method won't get called.
Next Topic:How does PDE implement hotswapping of classes in an OSGi env?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:38:16 GMT 2024