Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Bundle classpath configuration in developer mode
Bundle classpath configuration in developer mode [message #603386] Wed, 18 November 2009 20:40 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I hope this is the right group to ask this kind of question (pardon me if it isn't).

I'm having trouble with an eclipse product I'm developing plugins for, when I launch it from the PDE. Apparently, the product gets launched in developer mode (with the -dev cmd line option), which is perfectly ok.

The PDE also creates a dev.properties file in the workspace under

metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core

which contains the classpath for each bundle as a comma separated list of jar files. As far as I can see with no particular ordering of the jars.

I would have expected it to be the order given by the Bundle-classpath entry in the manifest file of the respective plugin.

In most caes this wouldn't be an issue, however I got some jars containing the same package/class names, which I can't modify, and it's crucial the classloader searches the jars in this particular order.

If I launch the product as standalone, the ordering specified in the manifest file is preserved (I suppose), in any case it works in standalone mode.

Is there any way to change the order of the jar files on the bundles' classpath / the contents of the dev.properties file? (Editing the dev.properties file manually won't work, as the file is generated on each start)

tnx in advance
Re: Bundle classpath configuration in developer mode [message #603412 is a reply to message #603386] Thu, 19 November 2009 11:04 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Ok, I found a way to work around the problem, just in case anybody else runs into it.

I copied dev.properties to some other folder so it won't get overwritten, and set the -dev property manually (via the launch configuration menu).

Still, not too happy with that, as I will need to keep my copy of dev.properties in sync with the original one.

No Real Name wrote on Wed, 18 November 2009 15:40
> I hope this is the right group to ask this kind of question (pardon me if it isn't).
>
> Is there any way to change the order of the jar files on the bundles' classpath / the contents of the dev.properties file? (Editing the dev.properties file manually won't work, as the file is generated on each start)
>
> tnx in advance
Previous Topic:Bundle classpath configuration in developer mode
Next Topic:Compare *selected sections* of code across different files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:50:18 GMT 2024