Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » MBS tool definition: How to put output files in same directory as input?
MBS tool definition: How to put output files in same directory as input? [message #603232] Fri, 13 November 2009 09:13
Daniel Schrepfer is currently offline Daniel SchrepferFriend
Hello,

I made a custom toolchain for cdt and everything works fine. The only thing I'm not able to do is to tell one (and only one) of the involved tools to put its outputs in a specific directory (it has to be the directory of the input files of the tool) and not the standard Release- und Debug-Folders.

Am I right in thinking the correct starting point for such a topic is the outputType definition of the tool?

I tried to use the lines "outputPrefix", "outputNames", "namePattern" and even wrote my own "nameProvider", but nothing worked.
The outputPrefix "../" only works for projects without any subfolders with source files.

Most of the MBS Build Macros i found and tried to use with "outputNames" don't seem to work or produce an error in eclipse.

What would you suggest to do?

Thank you very much, and please excuse my poor english...

Daniel
Previous Topic:MBS tool definition: How to put output files in same directory as input?
Next Topic:[p2] config.ini after install in repackaged Mac OS X application issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:25:37 GMT 2024