Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Manifest Editor and Handler/Command TreeNode Labels in ExtensionPage
Manifest Editor and Handler/Command TreeNode Labels in ExtensionPage [message #603227] Fri, 13 November 2009 08:37
Adam Lucarz is currently offline Adam LucarzFriend
Hello,

i use the "new" Eclipse Command Framework for a while now. The framework is very satisfying, but the handling in the plug-in manifest editor is really uncomfortable. My problems/points are:

1. org.eclipse.ui.handlers extensions have no labels in the extension tree. So I see always something like:

org.eclipse.ui.handlers
-> (handler)
-> (handler)
-> (handler)
-> (handler)
-> (handler)
-> (handler)
-> (handler)

So when I seek for a special handler, I have always to switch to the xml representation or click each handler in order to show the properties in the details view. *arg*

2. Similar behavior with org.eclipse.ui.menu and commands.
I know the possibility to define a label for a menu contribution, but I see a big advantage in defining a default label and default icon at one place (for a command) in the application and reusing the command in many places.

Do I overlook something...does anyone else have same annoying moments while using the command framework? How do you handle this?
I found nothing about this uncomfortable behavior in the newsgroups or bugzilla.

Greetings
Adam
Previous Topic:Manifest Editor and Handler/Command TreeNode Labels in ExtensionPage
Next Topic:MBS tool definition: How to put output files in same directory as input?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:23:03 GMT 2024