Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Partition in Activity Diagram
Partition in Activity Diagram [message #602009] Tue, 01 June 2010 20:31 Go to next message
Nabil  is currently offline Nabil Friend
Hi,

Is is possible to create a partition inside an activity diagram?
Because inside the graphical editor, there is no icon for activity partition. If yes, can I have the solution to do that ?

Thanks,

Nabil
Re: Partition in Activity Diagram [message #602017 is a reply to message #602009] Wed, 02 June 2010 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi Nabil,

You can find the tool to create Activity partitions in the "Groups" drawer of the palette for the Activity Diagram Editor.

Regards,
Remi
--
http://www.eclipse.org/papyrus

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: Partition in Activity Diagram [message #602199 is a reply to message #602009] Tue, 29 June 2010 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent   is currently offline Vincent Friend
Hello,
for now, Activity Partitions do not work correctly in the Activity Diagram.

You can create a node which corresponds to an Activity Partition, but it will not be able to contain nodes (not currently implemented).

If you do so, I suggest you use the right click menu "Format>Order>Send To Back", to keep it behind every other node.
Thanks to the group management feature, nodes will be assigned to partitions by placing them above it, but for now, they will not be graphically contained by it. (thought, you will be asked by a popup whether you want the nodes to be graphically contained, which is not possible yet)

I suggest you try and create your partitions latest, then send it to back to have all your nodes above.
The group management feature should automatically assign the nodes to the partition.

I'm afraid this bug will not be corrected for the next release.

Regards,
Vincent.
Re: Partition in Activity Diagram [message #602242 is a reply to message #602199] Mon, 12 July 2010 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nabil  is currently offline Nabil Friend
Hi,

Thank you for answering, now it's enough clear for me. Do you know if there is others differences between uml papyrus implementation and uml omg standard? (I hope I am enough clear in my question...)
Re: Partition in Activity Diagram [message #602526 is a reply to message #602009] Tue, 13 July 2010 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent   is currently offline Vincent Friend
Vincent H wrote on Tue, 29 June 2010 03:31
> You can create a node which corresponds to an Activity Partition, but it will not be able to contain nodes (not currently implemented).
>
> ...
>
> I'm afraid this bug will not be corrected for the next release.

Meanwhile, it has been implemented... So now, you can create nodes in an Activity Partition, though you may have difficulties to drag them out of it after (this is a known bug, which you can work around by droping in an intermediate StructuredActivityNode which does not contain the node, before droping it in its original place out of the partition).

Nabil wrote on Mon, 12 July 2010 14:39
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for answering, now it's enough clear for me. Do you know if there is others differences between uml papyrus implementation and uml omg standard? (I hope I am enough clear in my question...)

Sure you are clear, yet not precise enough.
Papyrus tries to be as close to the UML specification (OMG standard) as possible.
Some features have not been implemented due to a lack of time (and considered as bugs). Some others because they are only shortcuts and we considered they did not have the priority, though we do not eliminate the possibility of implementing them later.
I could not list all of them right here and right now. The best way to know for a particular element is to ask as you did when you encounter problems.

For what I can tell aboutthe activity diagram (this is not a complete list):
- Activity groups have been very quickly developped and are not fully mature. You may encounter bugs among them (do not hesitate to report them on the bugzilla if you find some which are not already referenced).
- Triangle symbol for exception flows is missing.
- Only most usefull actions have been implemented.
- Shortcut for representing two pins around an object flow in a same rectangle has not been implemented (see http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=170835& amp;start=0&)

Regards,
Vincent.
Re: Partition in Activity Diagram [message #1067553 is a reply to message #602526] Tue, 09 July 2013 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Timothy Rowe is currently offline Timothy RoweFriend
What is the current status of this? I see that back in 2010 Vincent says that it is now possible to put nodes in activity partitions, but I am still unable to.
Re: Partition in Activity Diagram [message #1067945 is a reply to message #1067553] Thu, 11 July 2013 11:37 Go to previous message
Andrea Marchini is currently offline Andrea MarchiniFriend
Hi Timothy,

what version of Eclipse are you using? I'using Kepler 20130614-0229 and Papyrus 0.10.0.v201306121352.

I can create activity partitions and actions, generally speaking dragging the action into the partition works from the modelling standpoint (I see the partition appearing correctly in the "In Partition" property of the action, and I see the action in the "Node" property of the partition). The UI though is not updated correctly.

Andrea

Previous Topic:How to show labels on activity diagram control flows
Next Topic:linking structural and behavioral diagrams
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:30:54 GMT 2024