Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » Import XPDL into EPF Composer (aka how to write a plugin)
Import XPDL into EPF Composer (aka how to write a plugin) [message #599010] Mon, 30 November 2009 13:59
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi,

first off I am new to EPF composer, and hope to get some help here. I want to use it for our processes, which are in XPDL. Now after searching a while it does not seem as there is already some kind of plugin to load XPDL files into EPF composer?!
Well then i'd have to write an own plugin to somehow parse an XPDL file into something that EPF composer understands.

1. question: What format does EPF composer use for its data? I see it can import/export XML. Is there something specific i have to take care of, or will i "just" have to convert XPDL to normal XML?

2. question: I found the EPF API, but no tutorial on how to wirte an own plugin...

As you notice, I am completely new to this, and to writing Eclipse or EPF plugins (Does every Eclipse plugin work for EPF Composer and the other way round?).

What i can do is programming Java.

Well.. hope someone can help me out here, on what my options are to make XPDL sources usuable within the EPF composer.

Thank you very much in advance!!!
Previous Topic:Import XPDL into EPF Composer (aka how to write a plugin)
Next Topic:Creating projects programmatically (how to use API)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:32:59 GMT 2024