Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » EPF model transformation problem with Multi file xmi resources
EPF model transformation problem with Multi file xmi resources [message #599004] Thu, 26 November 2009 10:27 Go to next message
Benjamin Honke is currently offline Benjamin HonkeFriend
Hi together,

I try to transform an EPF model via ATL into another model. In this case ATL needs one single InputStream as Input for this transformation. Unfortunately the EPF composer uses a MultiFileXIMResourceSet which contains a couple of MultiFileXMIResources to store one model by the means of multiple XMI files.

Example Scenario:
For transformation I want to load a plugin.xmi with a couple of uma:Tasks which contain some uma:Steps. But the plugin.xmi does not contain information about Steps directly. Instead it just contains cross document references (via ResourceManagers within the plugin.xmi) to other Task.xmi files which contain concrete information about the Steps and some other Task specific stuff. Now the problem is that during an ATL transformation the Step information cannot be loaded on demand.

I tried to load the whole MethodLibrary as Object via "LibraryService.getInstance().getCurrentMethodLibrary()" .

While this Object contains all necessary information atl cannot transform Objects. Moreover when I tried to save this Object within a newly generated resource (to load it by one InputStream after), the result also will be distributed over multiple files.

Does anyone know if and how it is possible to store/ load the model within one single model file without requiring other xmi files or without the MultiFileXMIResources? Is it possible to avoid EPFs multifile approach?

Thanks a lot for any ideas!
Best Regards
Re: EPF model transformation problem with Multi file xmi resources [message #599308 is a reply to message #599004] Mon, 29 March 2010 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wanderson  is currently offline wanderson Friend
Hello i'm with the same problem.

did you resol that? and how?

Thanks!

:)
Re: EPF model transformation problem with Multi file xmi resources [message #653499 is a reply to message #599004] Thu, 10 February 2011 01:16 Go to previous message
AJ  is currently offline AJ Friend
FYI: EPF Composer 1.5.1 is now able to persist all containment references within one single emf resource (i.e. plugin.xmi).
Previous Topic:method comparison of up, xp and scrum
Next Topic:Apply EPF for dedicated projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:45:17 GMT 2024