Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Cause of project creation delay
Cause of project creation delay [message #596239] Tue, 21 September 2010 18:38 Go to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
Some of you who are following this project may be wondering why it hasn't been created yet. The cause of the delay is executing trademark assignment agreement on the name "Sapphire". Eclipse Foundation's and Oracle's legal teams have been working on a transfer agreement for the last two months. Unfortunately, the project could not be created until the agreement is finalized and signed. The good news is that I think we a pretty close to putting this behind us.

I have been thinking a bit about this aspect of Eclipse Development Process and have proposed some changes that would prevent future similar delays for other projects. If you are interested, see the following bug for discussion:

[edp] defer trademark search and agreement until incubation phase
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=324238

- Konstantin
Re: Cause of project creation delay [message #629312 is a reply to message #596239] Mon, 27 September 2010 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good news. I just received confirmation that the trademark transfer agreement has been finalized and that Eclipse Foundation fully approves the use of the name "Sapphire" for this project. We are cleared to move to the next step...

The creation review will be scheduled for the week of October 13-20.

- Konstantin
Re: Cause of project creation delay [message #631862 is a reply to message #596239] Sat, 09 October 2010 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karl is currently offline KarlFriend
Sounds like good news,
Some things just are worth waiting for now aren't they, so is it still scheduled in for 20th October?
Re: Cause of project creation delay [message #632178 is a reply to message #631862] Mon, 11 October 2010 22:30 Go to previous message
> so is it still scheduled in for 20th October?

I believe so. I would expect to see an announcement of the creation review on the 13th.

- Konstantin
Previous Topic:Combine experience
Next Topic:Creation Review
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:15:03 GMT 2024