Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Using ETL transform models which are based on UML Profiles
Using ETL transform models which are based on UML Profiles [message #593519] Wed, 08 September 2010 13:41 Go to next message
Andreas is currently offline AndreasFriend
Hi,

has anybody experience by using ETL to transform models which are based on UML Profiles?

What do I want to do?
I have a model which is based on UML and several specific UML Profiles. I try to transform this model in another model which also based on UML and a UML Profile (in this case the UML Testing Profile (UTP)). I have built me Ecore meta models for both models which should contain all necessary information.
But at the moment I only able to transform things like packages, ...

Has anybody done something like this before? Or does anybody have some experience by transforming a UML model into a UTP model?

Thanks
Andreas
Re: Using ETL transform models which are based on UML Profiles [message #593538 is a reply to message #593519] Wed, 08 September 2010 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitrios Kolovos is currently offline Dimitrios KolovosFriend
Hi Andreas,

Could you please put together a zip file containing your transformation,
profiles and sample input/output alongside a brief explanation of what
you're trying to achieve and send it to me so that I can have a look and
suggest a solution for this?

My email address is dskolovos gmail com.

Cheers,
Dimitris

Andreas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has anybody experience by using ETL to transform models which are based
> on UML Profiles?
>
> What do I want to do?
> I have a model which is based on UML and several specific UML Profiles.
> I try to transform this model in another model which also based on UML
> and a UML Profile (in this case the UML Testing Profile (UTP)). I have
> built me Ecore meta models for both models which should contain all
> necessary information.
> But at the moment I only able to transform things like packages, ...
>
> Has anybody done something like this before? Or does anybody have some
> experience by transforming a UML model into a UTP model?
>
> Thanks
> Andreas
Re: Using ETL transform models which are based on UML Profiles [message #853989 is a reply to message #593538] Mon, 23 April 2012 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Federico Toledo is currently offline Federico ToledoFriend
Hello,

any of you could do something like this?
can you share your experience, material, links or something?

thank you in advance

[Updated on: Mon, 23 April 2012 14:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Using ETL transform models which are based on UML Profiles [message #857669 is a reply to message #593538] Thu, 26 April 2012 19:05 Go to previous message
Horacio Hoyos is currently offline Horacio HoyosFriend

Hello,

I have worked with transformations from SysML (an UML profile) models to other models. I have worked with TopCased and Papyrus SysML models. In both cases, I had access to the SysML metamodel provided by the tools. Having the metamodel any m2m or m2t transformation can be easily implemented.

In the case of Papyrus, when you apply your own profile to a UML/SysML model, two things happen. 1. A profileApplication attribute is added to your model, as in:
 <profileApplication xmi:id="_OJcdcGbvEeGL2_MC6R8Gvg">
      <eAnnotations xmi:id="_OL7wwGbvEeGL2_MC6R8Gvg" source="http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/2.0.0/UML">
        <references xmi:type="ecore:EPackage" href="../../co.edu.uniandes.hiles.sysml/src/co/edu/uniandes/hiles/sysml/model/HiLeS.profile.uml#_6MuSEGxZEeGiq_VG-MNlIg"/>
      </eAnnotations>
      <appliedProfile href="../../pathToProfile/MyProfile.profile.uml#_7ORLsGbUEeGmRc1gchpjPg"/>
    </profileApplication>

2. When you apply a stereotype to an element in your model a new element is added to it. The elements's type is of the applied stereotype and, in Papyrus, this element has a reference to the element to which te stereotype was applied:
<packagedElement xmi:type="uml:Class" xmi:id="_MAmskAp0EeGpeNcMa-nVxQ" name="Level Calculator">
</packagedElement>
<MyProfile:FunctionalBlock xmi:id="_bxb-AG1OEeGIv-9deNiXoQ" base_Class="_MAmskAp0EeGpeNcMa-nVxQ"/>

in the example above I applied the FunctionalBock stereotype to the LevelCalculator class. You can see that the FunctionalBlock element has a base_Class attribute that points to the LevelCalculator class.

The papyrus metamodel can be found in the org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml plugin. You can import this plugin to your workspace to have access to it or access the Papyrus repository.

For different type of editors you would need to know/have the metamodel used to describe the models generated by the editor.

As a final word, for example in Papyrus a "Model Explorer" view is provided to see a tree representation of the model we are defining in the editors. When coding your transformations use ths view as a guide because it is that, a view. The correct relations and relation names come from the metamodel.

Regards,

Horace

Horacio Hoyos Rodriguez
Kinori Tech
Need professional support for Epsilon, EMF?
Go to: https://kinori.tech
Previous Topic:Re running Eugenia Example- help required
Next Topic:How to generate a runtime exception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:13:31 GMT 2024