Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Amalgam » DSL-Toolkit components in Helios Modeling Package?
DSL-Toolkit components in Helios Modeling Package? [message #589261] Tue, 20 July 2010 12:56 Go to next message
Jens Siebert is currently offline Jens SiebertFriend
Hello everyone,

I just played around a little bit with the Helios Modeling Package and especially with the new discovery feature for installing additional modeling components.
I've used the Amalgam DSL-Toolkit before and now I'm missing some of the components that were integrated in this package (especially the DSL-Project wizard).
Are these components available somewhere for installation in Helios or will they be delivered sometime after the Helios release?

Thanks and best regards,

Jens
Re: DSL-Toolkit components in Helios Modeling Package? [message #589273 is a reply to message #589261] Mon, 26 July 2010 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cedric Brun is currently offline Cedric BrunFriend
Hi Jens,

the team responsible for those examples left, they are still kept in the CVS
repository but have not been updated for Helios and as such are not provided
in the package. If you're willing to update those examples or know somebody
that would, do not hesitate to provide patches and may be at some point join
the project as a commiter.

Cédric

Jens Siebert wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I just played around a little bit with the Helios Modeling Package and
> especially with the new discovery feature for installing additional
> modeling components. I've used the Amalgam DSL-Toolkit before and now I'm
> missing some of the components that were integrated in this package
> (especially the DSL-Project wizard). Are these components available
> somewhere for installation in Helios or will they be delivered sometime
> after the Helios release?
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Jens

http://cedric.brun.io news and articles on eclipse and eclipse modeling.
Re: DSL-Toolkit components in Helios Modeling Package? [message #665275 is a reply to message #589273] Thu, 14 April 2011 02:16 Go to previous message
LD  is currently offline LD Friend
Hi. I would like to know if the DSL Toolkit is still unavailable for Eclipse Helios as it is intended to be the support of the GMP - Eclipse Modeling as a DSL Toolkit Book. I found this article of June 2010 (Jaxcenter article), and I'm not sure if finally Obeo in head of Cédric Brun is leading and maintining this project.

And I'am wondering to know if the Amalgam plugins are the ones that ease the modeling components installation, as included in the modeling package of Eclipse. In addition I want to know which are the plugins added by the Amalgam project to Eclipse Helios and to Eclipse Indigo as it is written in the page "consumable and consistent Modeling Platform, complementary integration code to enhance the user experience, easy one click discover and install wizard to extend the package and examples leveraging modeling technologies."

Thank you.

Previous Topic:Problem with OCL Code Gen with org.eclipse.amalgam.examples.dsl.mindmap
Next Topic:[GSoC] Amalgamation - Modeling Example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:49:41 GMT 2024