Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Exporting plugins or product: javacSource gets set to 1.3
Exporting plugins or product: javacSource gets set to 1.3 [message #586248] Wed, 03 December 2008 10:18
Marcus Ilgner is currently offline Marcus IlgnerFriend
Messages: 15
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi all,

I'm currently trying to export my application, either as a product or
plugin, but in both cases, the build hangs after a while, apparently
having entered an endless loop (CPU high, impossible to stop, have to
SIGKILL Eclipse).
After some investigation I finally found that Eclipse is apparently using
Ant in this step instead of the compiler it normally uses.
To do that it creates build.xml files, which contain, for no apparent
reason:

<property name="javacSource" value="1.3"/>
<property name="javacTarget" value="1.2"/>

which is, of course, wrong and a likely suspect for the cause of my
problem since it will render mostly all plugins unable to compile.
Now my question: how can I change that setting? I have gone on a fruitless
search for some template build.xml and also tried to override this value
by setting those properties to "1.5" in the Ant preferences page.

I read about the same problem happening around 2005. The conversation
there mentioned some option to manually set the language level in the
export wizard but I have been unable to locate anything like this.

I'd be grateful for any tips. This is currently a major showstopper. :/

Best regards
Marcus
Previous Topic:Keep having the ClassNotFoundException with RCP product launch
Next Topic:problems with a RCP extension point
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Sep 24 12:48:28 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02394 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top