Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » EWL Wizards question
EWL Wizards question [message #583898] Thu, 17 December 2009 03:02 Go to next message
Bak Attila is currently offline Bak AttilaFriend
Hi,

I have created a plugin which contains one ewl file.
This plugin extends the EWL wizard extension point by specifying the namespace URI and ewl file ok.

I have also created an own ecore metamodel (in another plugin project) and ewl would operate on this metamodel.

Unfortunately the wizard do not show when i start a new workbench. I also looked but my metamodel seems registered.

What can be the problem, where could i look?

Thanks
attila
Re: EWL Wizards question [message #583921 is a reply to message #583898] Thu, 17 December 2009 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I have further analysed the problem by looking at the sourcecode of EWL.

The getEwlURIsForEObjects method in AbstractContributeWizardsAction seems to correctly pick up my model and the eObjectURIs seems to be ok.
However i get some funny id for the wizardURI
like [bundleentry://561.fwk3115866/ewl/GenGMF.ewl]
I do not know if this is correct or not.

Anyway the invokeMainRule method fails by
try {
ast = (AST)((ParserRuleReturnScope) ReflectionUtil.executeMethod(parser,getMainRule(), new Object[]{})).getTree();
}

This gives a NullPointerException....

I think that is the problem. Can you please help me?

Thanks
attila
Re: EWL Wizards question [message #583937 is a reply to message #583898] Thu, 17 December 2009 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I have checked further. It seems that my ewl file is not valid so the parser is not able to read it.
Is there a way to validate an ewl file? How can i find out where it is not correct?

Thanks
attila
Re: EWL Wizards question [message #584031 is a reply to message #583937] Mon, 21 December 2009 20:43 Go to previous message
Louis Rose is currently offline Louis RoseFriend
Bak Attila wrote on Thu, 17 December 2009 05:19
> Hi,
>
> I have checked further. It seems that my ewl file is not valid so the parser is not able to read it.
> Is there a way to validate an ewl file? How can i find out where it is not correct?
>
> Thanks
> attila

Attila,

Again, I'm very sorry for the delay in answering your question.

EWL files can be opened with the EWL editor, which marks syntax errors. (The outline view must be open for this to work).

Are you running Epsilon from SVN? If yes, you'll need to start a runtime instance of Eclipse to access the EWL editor and other development tools. Full instructions for running Epsilon from SVN are here:

http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/epsilon/doc/articles/epsilon-sour ce-svn/

The last section ("Running the Epsilon plugins") describes how to run the Epsilon plugins in a runtime Eclipse workbench.

I hope this helps, and again, I'm sorry for the delay.

Best,
Louis.
Previous Topic:EWL Wizards question
Next Topic:ETL & ATL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:08:17 GMT 2024