Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Eugenia: Starters/ideas to automate GMF generation?
Eugenia: Starters/ideas to automate GMF generation? [message #583369] Thu, 03 December 2009 15:07
Christoph Wienands is currently offline Christoph WienandsFriend
Hey guys,

I'm getting kind of tired of repeatedly going through a whole list of steps to regenerate my GMF editor everytime I make a change to the EMF (generate ecore, reload genmodel, sync genmodel, generate code, generate edit, generate editor,... you get the idea). Not only is it a bit cumbersome (OK, nothing compared to the time savings through Eugenia) but often I forget a step (e.g. an EOL sync) and have to figure out what screwed up my editor.

I was thinking about a way to automate this. In a bug report I read something about Ant tasks for Eugenia but couldn't make much sense of it. While Ant tasks might work for the Eugenia steps, I would still have to automate the genmodel and gmf steps, like reloading the genmodel, generating the gmfgen, and the GMF diagram plug-in. The main problem I see with automating these steps is that they are dialog-based so I probably can't just call some GMF function.

I'm not expecting a full solution but lacking in-depth Eclipse knowledge, could someone give me a starter (which Eclipse mechanism to use, where to look up information, etc.) of how to automate all these non-dialog and dialog-based steps?

If I get it working, I will make the code available for possible integration into Eugenia.

Thanks a lot, Christoph
Previous Topic:Eugenia don't create gmfmap,gmftool,gmfgraph...come in an infinite loop
Next Topic:[HUTN] Problem Linux with property "upper" of the UML.ecore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:46:24 GMT 2024