Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » DSDP - Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) » Is there a step-by-step to install MTJ in Eclipse
Is there a step-by-step to install MTJ in Eclipse [message #579272] Sat, 30 January 2010 21:45 Go to next message
chupalo  is currently offline chupalo Friend
I've been using Eclipse to code in Java for a couple of years now, nothing too crazy. I am running Eclipse 3.4.2, and have two JRE's configured that I can swamp amongst (JRE 1.5 & 1.6).

Anyway, I am now taking a class in mobile application development and want to install MTJ in Eclipse and I can't see that it seems that easy and straightforward.

Can someone point me to a step-by-step for noobs to get this done. I've attempted the HELP > Software Updates... > then adding the site: http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/mtj/updates/1.0.1/stable/

When I go to install I get errors stating that "no repository found containing" a bunch of folders. I've attempted to find the downloads for these folders but don't see any that exactly match this error list. I've found a bunch of jar files that look close but I know there has to be a clearer way here.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Frank
Re: Is there a step-by-step to install MTJ in Eclipse [message #579311 is a reply to message #579272] Mon, 01 February 2010 14:15 Go to previous message
Gustavo de Paula is currently offline Gustavo de PaulaFriend
probably the easiest way is to just download eclipse pulsar (www.eclipse.org/pulsar). it has eclipse 3.5 + MTJ already pre-installed.

if you want to install from yourself, i would suggest that you move to eclipse galileo (3.5). since mtj 1.0.1 it only runs on it (as far as i remember)

after all install is ok, please refer to http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/nav/18 to setup your environment. if you have questions plewase send to the forum

:)
gep
Previous Topic:Is there a step-by-step to install MTJ in Eclipse
Next Topic:Obfusator question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:31:09 GMT 2024