Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » DSDP - Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) » standalone preverifier
standalone preverifier [message #578956] Wed, 20 January 2010 10:42 Go to next message
V is currently offline VFriend
Hello, I want a simple preverifier. MTJ contains one. Well, I can fork it according EPL and publish it. However, I think that separating one project from MTJ is better than forking.
The way to separate it is simple:
* separate the two neccessary packages
* remove the one unneccessary class that refers to Eclipse
* modify package name
* fix following problem: http://old.nabble.com/Help-with-ClassWriter.getCommonSuperCl ass()-td18964149.html (BTW: how does MTJ bypass it?)
Re: standalone preverifier [message #579105 is a reply to message #578956] Fri, 29 January 2010 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diego Madruga Sandin is currently offline Diego Madruga SandinFriend
Hi,

MTJ doesn't provide a preverifier implementation. We have a wrapper for third party preverifiers, for example, the one provided by sun.

--
Diego
Re: standalone preverifier [message #579163 is a reply to message #578956] Fri, 29 January 2010 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I think that org.eclipse.mtj.core.preverifier is an implementation of preverifier, isn't it?
Re: standalone preverifier [message #579181 is a reply to message #579163] Fri, 29 January 2010 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gustavo de Paula is currently offline Gustavo de PaulaFriend
actually it is an email where it is possible to add preverifiers. but MTJ itself does not ship with one. in the past eclipseME had a prototype preverifier, but it was discontinued since noone was able to maintain it.

there are some external preverifiers code that could be used, but they are GPL (PhoneME) and it is not possible to ship it with MTJ

:)
gep
Re: standalone preverifier [message #579191 is a reply to message #579163] Fri, 29 January 2010 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diego Madruga Sandin is currently offline Diego Madruga SandinFriend
This plug-in was imported from EclipseME, it is deprecated and no longer functional within MTJ. But if you intend to work on it, I'll suggest you to contact Craig Setera, that implemented it.

--
Diego
Re: standalone preverifier [message #579257 is a reply to message #579191] Fri, 29 January 2010 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about @Deprecated or removing from src? I think that being in history of versioning system is enough for deprecated and unused classes.

I've tried the preverifier and it works. The only correction that I've done is hacking ASM to use my own preverifier in ClassWriter.getCommonSuperClass() (see above).

Note that I've tested it on modified classes only: It was a normal valid J2ME app. I modified its bytecode and preverified it by this preverifier.

I don't know very much about StackMap and I don't think that I can maintain MTJ preverifier.
Re: standalone preverifier [message #579335 is a reply to message #578956] Wed, 03 February 2010 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I've tried to look up something about preverifier problems.
Tests: MTJ: nothing found
EclipseME: http://eclipseme.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/eclipseme/trunk/ eclipseme-src/plugins/eclipseme.core.preverifier/src-test/pr everification/ // I'm writing this post from my mobile phone so I don't have tested it. I also don't know much about quality of these tests. It seems that it compares actual results to WTK preverifier results, but I don't know whether it covers enough cases. Measuring MTJ Preverifier code coverage is not enough, of course.
Preverifier bugs:
* EclipseME: I don't have found any EclipseME bug tracking system :(
* MTJ: I've found https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=prever ifier , but it does not contain anything interesting :)
* I've found some minor bugs by more strict code check.
* I've hacked ASM to use proper ClassLoader (see above).
* Do you know any list of its bugs?

I'm also not sure about legal forking. At the start of each file it a copyright notice for C.S. "and others". I can be included in "others", I think. So, the most natural way of modification is to alter years of the copyright notice. However, i'm not allowed to do it according EPL. Should I add a new copyright notice under the existing one?
Re: standalone preverifier [message #579350 is a reply to message #578956] Wed, 03 February 2010 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I've tried to look up something about preverifier problems.
Tests: MTJ: nothing found
EclipseME: http://eclipseme.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/eclipseme/trunk/ eclipseme-src/plugins/eclipseme.core.preverifier/src-test/pr everification/ // I'm writing this post from my mobile phone so I don't have tested it. I also don't know much about quality of these tests. It seems that it compares actual results to WTK preverifier results, but I don't know whether it covers enough cases. Measuring MTJ Preverifier code coverage is not enough, of course.
Preverifier bugs:
* EclipseME: I don't have found any EclipseME bug tracking system :(
* MTJ: I've found https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=prever ifier , but it does not contain anything interesting :)
* I've found some minor bugs by more strict code check.
* I've hacked ASM to use proper ClassLoader (see above).
* Do you know any list of its bugs?

I'm also not sure about legal forking. At the start of each file it a copyright notice for C.S. "and others". I can be included in "others", I think. So, the most natural way of modification is to alter years of the copyright notice. However, i'm not allowed to do it according EPL. Should I add a new copyright notice under the existing one?
Re: standalone preverifier [message #579783 is a reply to message #578956] Mon, 08 March 2010 19:54 Go to previous message
If you are interested in a Preverifier, there is one: http://github.com/v6ak/Preverifier/ .

It is derived from MTJ Preverifier, but it seems to work.

I hope I don't violate any EPL rule. If you disagree, tell me, please.
Previous Topic:standalone preverifier
Next Topic:Create source subfolder using org.eclipse.mtj.ui.midlettemplate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:33:10 GMT 2024