Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Swordfish » Problems with Swordfish Headless Build
Problems with Swordfish Headless Build [message #578774] Fri, 07 May 2010 11:16 Go to next message
Jari is currently offline JariFriend
Hello!

I'm trying to do Headless Build with Eclipse SDK 3.5.2 and Swordfish. Everything wen't ok until I received message "[java] [eclipse.fetch] Could not retrieve feature.xml and/or build.properties: Cannot use javahl nor command line svn client." in the console.

Any idea why this is happening? I think I have everything needed installed in my Eclipse so what is this problem?

Thanks in advance
Jari
Re: Problems with Swordfish Headless Build [message #578793 is a reply to message #578774] Fri, 07 May 2010 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jürgen Kindler is currently offline Jürgen KindlerFriend
Hi Jari,

the build by default checks out sources from the Eclipse SVN.
You may run it locally, but for the third parties build you'd need the required orbit projects in your workspace.

If you have that you can call the build with -Dlocal=true.

Then it won't try to fetch sources from the Eclipse SVN.

Otherwise you should have an svn command line client installed and in your path.

Do you want to build Swordfish for Galileo or Helios ?
If you build for Galileo you should also add -Declipse.target.version=galileo

Cheers
Jürgen
Re: Problems with Swordfish Headless Build [message #578824 is a reply to message #578793] Mon, 10 May 2010 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply Jürgen.

I tried to run it locally, but something is still wrong, missed a step maybe. I have org.eclipse.swordfish.build, org.eclipse.swordfish.bundles and org.eclipse.swordfish.third-parties.site in my workspace. I run the command "ant -Dlocal=true Dthird.parties=true" from cmd and it is giving error " org.eclipse.swordfish.build\target-third-parties\site\plugin s does not exist."

I also tried to run the third parties build without the -Dlocal=true after I added svn client to Path, but then it is stuck in the phase: [java] fetchElement:
[java] [mkdir] Created dir: ...\workspace_soa\org.eclipse.swordfish.build\tmp\features
[java] [mkdir] Created dir: ...\workspace_soa\org.eclipse.swordfish.build\tmp\plugins

I have followed the instructions from http://wiki.eclipse.org/Swordfish_Documentation:_Creating_He adless_Build

Did I forget some step or is there some other problems?

Regards
Jari
Re: Problems with Swordfish Headless Build [message #578837 is a reply to message #578824] Mon, 10 May 2010 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jari,

as described in the doc, the first thing you have to get to is the build results from the third parties build.

It looks like your command line has network problems. This could be related to missing proxy settings.

Please try to run a svn checkout for a file in a console window. e.g. try
svn co https://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/soa/org.eclipse.swordfish/tr unk/rt/org.eclipse.swordfish.build/maps .

If that fails, you may have to configure the svn settings for your client.

Cheers
Jürgen
Re: Problems with Swordfish Headless Build [message #578845 is a reply to message #578837] Mon, 10 May 2010 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello

Thanks for the help so far.

Now I think it is working for the svn, there was some certificate that needed to be accecpted from the CLI in the first time.

But there is still problems, the process stops in:

[get] Error getting http://sop-bp02.servicebackbone.org:8088/tools/orbit/downloa ds/drops/S20100423142122/bundles/com.sun.xml.bind_2.1.12.v20 1003251730.jar to ...

Does this file excists?

Regards
Jari
Re: Problems with Swordfish Headless Build [message #578955 is a reply to message #578774] Wed, 12 May 2010 14:19 Go to previous message
Well, I would suggest that you run all but the 3rd party build locally. ( -Dlocal=true )
Previous Topic:Failed to create web services using swordfish tooling UI
Next Topic:Swordfish FlightBooking demo with BPEL not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:50:27 GMT 2024