Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Egit and gitosis
Egit and gitosis [message #578217] Mon, 15 March 2010 12:07 Go to next message
tomw is currently offline tomwFriend
Hi, I'm trying to use Egit with gitosis but I did not succeed so far.
The ssh-keys are correctly setup in the Preferences>Network place
Additionally the .ssh/config contains the host and the respective ssh key, but stil, it does not work.
Any idea, anyone?

Thanks
Re: Egit and gitosis [message #578230 is a reply to message #578217] Mon, 15 March 2010 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan V is currently offline Ivan VFriend
Unfortunately I don't have an answer as I too have problems getting Egit to work with gitosis.

My problem is that when I try to push I get a dialog requiring a password for the git user. But the git user at the server hosting gitosis is configured without a password.

What is the error that you're getting?
Re: Egit and gitosis [message #578254 is a reply to message #578230] Mon, 15 March 2010 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tomw is currently offline tomwFriend
Exactly the same issue here. That's the point. It seems that the keys are either not properly recognized or the settings in the push dialog do not really fit.
For gitosis push I would expect something like
git push git@myhost.com:myrepo
but I can't get to this format
Re: Egit and gitosis [message #578265 is a reply to message #578254] Tue, 16 March 2010 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=257706#c157 in Bugzilla and it doesn't look so good. In it, it is mentioned that gitosis doesn't speak git:// and is dependent on git daemon for anonymous access to repositories. I've been using gitosis without git daemon so it works without anonymous access. I know too little to understand why EGit can't work with non-anonymous access to gitosis repositories. I'm stuck :(. Hope you have better luck. I'm thinking of pushing my rep to http://gitorious.org/ or similar.
Re: Egit and gitosis [message #578401 is a reply to message #578217] Tue, 23 March 2010 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
What doesn't work in your case ? You can't what ?
Can you do the equivalent operation from native git ?
Re: Egit and gitosis [message #578418 is a reply to message #578254] Tue, 23 March 2010 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
No Real Name wrote on Mon, 15 March 2010 18:00
> Exactly the same issue here. That's the point. It seems that the keys are either not properly recognized or the settings in the push dialog do not really fit.
> For gitosis push I would expect something like
> git push git@myhost.com:myrepo
> but I can't get to this format
>
> update: of course, it needs to spell git(at)myhost.. but suprisingly the editor makes a dot from the @

Have a look at http://progit.org/book/ch4-7.html and check if your gitosis setup is ok. Can you push from native git ?
Re: Egit and gitosis [message #578432 is a reply to message #578401] Tue, 23 March 2010 10:56 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn wrote on Tue, 23 March 2010 06:15
> What doesn't work in your case ? You can't what ?
> Can you do the equivalent operation from native git ?

I got it working with gitosis. I had used the wrong ssh passphrase. Now that Egit remembers my passphrase I'm concerned about its safety. Where does Egit store the passphrase?
Previous Topic:Delete project from multiple project repository
Next Topic:Announce EGit/JGit 0.7.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:20:56 GMT 2024