Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » DSDP - Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) » MJT and Java ME SDK 3.0
MJT and Java ME SDK 3.0 [message #578129] Sat, 24 October 2009 22:51 Go to next message
Markus M is currently offline Markus MFriend
Hi,

I am trying to configure MJT with Java ME SDK 3.0. Unfortunately, I do not succeed in configuring/adding any devices.
As explained in the different tutorials, I try to add an SDK to MJT using the Java ME tab in Eclipse's preferences (Windows->Preferences->Java ME). There, I enter the path to my Java ME SDK 3.0 installation folder and MJT starts to search this directory for devices. To my surprise, this always ends with no found devices. In the past, I managed to get this to work with one of the previous WTKs but now, with the new Java ME SDK 3.0, this does not work any longer. Is there any solution to this problem? How can I add devices to MTJ?

Thanks in advance,

Markus
Re: MJT and Java ME SDK 3.0 [message #578271 is a reply to message #578129] Sat, 07 November 2009 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diego Madruga Sandin is currently offline Diego Madruga SandinFriend
Hi,

Could you do some testing so we can determine whats wrong in your workspace?

First:
Opening a console and going to the installation directory of wtk 3.0, there should be a "bin" folder. Inside that folder, there must be an emulator.exe.

If you run emulator.exe -Xquery whats the output?

Second:
Are you using java 1.6 in your computer? I believe WTK 3 requires jre 1.6 to run properly.

Regards,
Diego
Re: MJT and Java ME SDK 3.0 [message #578293 is a reply to message #578271] Sat, 07 November 2009 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus M is currently offline Markus MFriend
Hi,

thanks for your help. Unfortunately, running emulator.exe -Xquery does not produce any output. My system delays a second or two and simply produces an empty command promt without any further messages :cry:
I have installed the most recent version of Java SDK.
Do you have any further suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Markus
Re: MJT and Java ME SDK 3.0 [message #578330 is a reply to message #578293] Mon, 09 November 2009 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diego Madruga Sandin is currently offline Diego Madruga SandinFriend
Hi,

According to the wtk 3.0 http://java.sun.com/javame/downloads/sdk30.jsp#req section, it runs on Microsoft Windows XP or Vista 32-bit with recent service packs.

Windows 7 x64 is not supported yet, so I would suggest you to try to find out on sun's wtk3 forums if there is a way to run it in your system.

You could also take a look at the http://www.eclipse.org/pulsar/, maybe one of the SDK's provided works on win7 x64.

Regards,
Diego
Re: MJT and Java ME SDK 3.0 [message #578450 is a reply to message #578129] Wed, 02 December 2009 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcel RUff is currently offline Marcel RUffFriend
I had the same problem with WTK2.5.2 on Vista 32bit:

C:\WTK2.5.2\bin>emulator.exe -Xquery
Create process failed

All DLLs are there so it seems that WTK2.5.2 is not running on my Vista anymore.

Upgrading to WTK3.0 helped:

C:\Java_ME_platform_SDK_3.0\bin>emulator.exe -Xquery | more
# List of supported devices
device.list: ClamshellCldcPhone1,DefaultCdcPbpPhone1,DefaultCldcJtwiPhone 1,DefaultCldcJtwiPhone2,DefaultCldcMsaPhone1,DefaultCldcMsaP hone2,DefaultCldcPhon
,DefaultCldcPhone2,DefaultFxPhone1,DefaultFxTouchPhone1,SunV gaAGUIPhone1,SunVgaCdcPhone1
uei.version: 1.0.1
uei.arguments: Xdevice,Xquery,Xdebug,Xrunjdwp

regards
Marcel
Re: MJT and Java ME SDK 3.0 [message #579856 is a reply to message #578129] Thu, 18 March 2010 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lurgen is currently offline lurgenFriend
I have problems with Windows 7 32 bit. I have configured all based on instructions http://eclipseme.org/docs/installation.html but I can't compile and even create new midlet. Does anyone have the same problem? (and know how to figure it out?)
Re: MJT and Java ME SDK 3.0 [message #580043 is a reply to message #579856] Tue, 27 April 2010 13:11 Go to previous message
Gustavo de Paula is currently offline Gustavo de PaulaFriend
those issues don't seems to be associated directly to mtj, but to running wtk on vista and windows 77. there are a couple of reports about issues with that. probably it is better to check sun web site for some guidelines about how to do it.
Previous Topic:Build state machine has not been initialized
Next Topic:MJT and Java ME SDK 3.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:17:16 GMT 2024