Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OSEE » OSEE 0.9.4 Installation
OSEE 0.9.4 Installation [message #576990] Thu, 01 July 2010 19:00 Go to next message
Carl Senecal is currently offline Carl SenecalFriend
Hi,

I'm new with OSEE. I tried to install OSEE 0.9.4.

However, I got Eclipse dependencies problem.

On which Eclipse version the OSEE 0.9.4 is based on?
I tried 3.5.0 and Helios ... Not working

On the OSEE 0.9.4 download page, I got a "Error 404 File not found" when I click on the Eclipse Dependencies link to got this info

Regards

Carl
Re: OSEE 0.9.4 Installation [message #577009 is a reply to message #576990] Fri, 02 July 2010 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark D-B is currently offline Mark D-BFriend
Dear Carl,

I believe that the developers are producing a version that will work with Helios

However, I can confirm (because I am testing to see if I can replicate the problems that Linux users are experiencing) that the following works:

Install Eclipse 3.5.2
Download the 0.9.4 client from the OSEE downloads page
Choose it as an archive in the Eclipse update manager and install it
This will install the OSEE client and everything else it needs EXCEPT the PostgreSQL driver
Download the PostgreSQL driver from the OSEE downloads page
Choose it as an archive in the Eclipse update manager and install it

Download the 0.9.4 server from the OSEE downloads page and unzip it
Unzip the PostgreSQL driver
Copy the two files from the plugins folder in the PostgreSQL driver to the plugins folder of the server

Create an empty PostgreSQL database per the instructions on the OSEE web site
Start the application server, ignoring any messages about tables not existing

In the directory containing your OSEE eclipse, execute the following:

eclipse -application org.eclipse.osee.framework.database.init.configClient -vmargs -Xmx512m -Dosee.log.default=INFO -Dosee.application.server=http://localhost:8089 -Dosee.authentication.protocol=trustAll -Dosee.prompt.on.db.init=false -Dosee.choice.on.db.init="OSEE Demo Database"

This is proven to create a functional demo database under both Windows and Linux (tested on Mandriva 2010)

All the best,

Mark
Re: OSEE 0.9.4 Installation [message #635035 is a reply to message #576990] Mon, 25 October 2010 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohamed  is currently offline Mohamed Friend
Hello! would OSEE 0.9.4 install as a user, as described above.
So eclipse 3.5.2 and 0.9.4 Osee have all steps to follow:
eclipse-application-org.eclipse.osee.framework.database.init .configClient vmargs-Xmx512m-INFO-Dosee.application.server Dosee.log.default =http://localhost:8089-Dosee.authentication.protocol trustAll -Dosee.prompt.on.db.init = false Dosee.choice.on.db.init = "OSEE Demo Database"

have entered, then start eclipse and is an error message indicating that I should open the log file and is available as

eclipse-application-org.eclipse.osee.framework.database.init .configClient vmargs-Xmx512m-INFO-Dosee.application.server Dosee.log.default = = = http://localhost:8089-Dosee.authentication.protocol trustAll -Dosee.prompt.on.db.init = false Dosee.choice.on.db.init = "OSEE Demo Database"
have entered, then start eclipse and is an error message indicating that I should open the log file and is available as.

someone already knows the problem?
Re: OSEE 0.9.4 Installation [message #635036 is a reply to message #576990] Mon, 25 October 2010 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohamed  is currently offline Mohamed Friend
eclipse-application-org.eclipse.osee.framework.database.init .configClient vmargs-Xmx512m-INFO-Dosee.application.server Dosee.log.default = = = http://localhost:8089-Dosee.authentication.protocol trustAll -Dosee.prompt.on.db.init = false Dosee.choice.on.db.init = "OSEE Demo Database"
have entered, then start eclipse and is an error message indicating that I should open the log file and is available as:

someone already knows the problem?

Re: OSEE 0.9.4 Installation [message #894670 is a reply to message #635036] Tue, 10 July 2012 05:11 Go to previous message
Siva Periasamy is currently offline Siva PeriasamyFriend
I am also getting the same problem, can somebody help to solve the problem
Previous Topic:Hi
Next Topic:Is the OSEE support dead?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:07:58 GMT 2024