Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » DSDP - Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) » Defines in files included by preprocessor are not honoured
Defines in files included by preprocessor are not honoured [message #576154] Fri, 21 August 2009 07:44 Go to next message
David Lucena is currently offline David LucenaFriend
Hi. I have a somewhat important problem.

I have a set of defines that depend of the definition of other defines. The latter can be defined in the project, while the former can only be defined in the files. As they are needed in too many files of the project, I decided to create a file and write them there, and then just include that file for every project file that need those defines,

But the defines that are in the included file are not honoured,

Is this a bug of current MJT preprocessor, or it is designed this way? Can somebody give me a workaround if it is just a bug?

Thank you very much in advance, I really would appreciate a solution, because as the project advances, the need of defines is bigger and I don't want to have to write them all in every file, as it could be really messy.

Thanks again.

David Lucena.
Re: Defines in files included by preprocessor a re not honoured [message #576212 is a reply to message #576154] Fri, 21 August 2009 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Euclides Neto is currently offline Euclides NetoFriend
Hello David,

In order to help us to better understand the problem, could you send us
some examples of defines that depends on definition of other defines?

Thanks,
-- Euclides
Re: Defines in files included by preprocessor are not honoured [message #576998 is a reply to message #576154] Mon, 31 August 2009 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Diego, after adding suport for //#preprocess to the antenna preprocessor in order to make MTJ compatible with Blackberry tools, I have also solved the //#include issue, by merging the definitions from the included file into the current definitions.

If you need the code I would be please to zip it and send it to you. I don't know how to extract a patch file, nor I don't know if I have the tools for this, so I think it's better for you to do so.

It would be nice that this feature could be tested and included asap in a MTJ release.

Thank you.
Re: Defines in files included by preprocessor are not honoured [message #577007 is a reply to message #576998] Mon, 31 August 2009 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diego Madruga Sandin is currently offline Diego Madruga SandinFriend
Hi David,

thanks for your effort, but i cant apply your modification into mtj. First you must submit it to antenna team to be integrate. I'd suggest you to send this directly to Omry and he can arrange a new release of the antenna preprocessor.

After he release an public version on the antenna website, I'll open an request to the Eclipse IP team to include this newer version on mtj.
Re: Defines in files included by preprocessor are not honoured [message #577093 is a reply to message #577007] Tue, 01 September 2009 10:45 Go to previous message
I have submitted some patches to Omry, but as he is not in the project anymore I also have asked him to put me in contact with the current administrator/mantainer/updater so I will not bother him anymore.

I'll tell you more when I know.
Previous Topic:Defines in files included by preprocessor are not honoured
Next Topic:Preprocessing dependant projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:40:09 GMT 2024