Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » eBPM » The Eclipse BPEL Designer Project - what's the deal here?
The Eclipse BPEL Designer Project - what's the deal here? [message #575791] Tue, 31 August 2010 15:52 Go to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi all,

I don't mean to spam the eclipse newsgroups, but I thought this might be of interest...

For those of you who have given up all hope on the BPEL Designer, there's good news! We're trying to breathe some life back into this project and hopefully build a usable editor and deployment toolset. Have a look at http://dev.eclipse.org/blogs/bpel/2010/08/20/the-eclipse-bpe l-designer-project-whats-the-deal-here

If anyone is still monitoring the BPEL project newsgroup, or if you happen to stumble upon it by accident, please reply to this post with your experiences/gripes/requests for the BPEL Designer. Our operators are standing by ;)

Bob
Re: The Eclipse BPEL Designer Project - what's the deal here? [message #575808 is a reply to message #575791] Thu, 09 September 2010 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrea Zoppello is currently offline Andrea ZoppelloFriend
Hi Bob,

We're glad to hear about the new life of the BPEL Designer project.

As you know within eBPM project our main goal is to provide a business process management solution on top of OSGi and we would like two provide two choice for the process engine part, one based on a traditional BPM engine, and one based on BPEL ( ODE ).

One of our main goal with regards to bpel would be to be able to use BPEL not only with webservices but directly with OSGi services

Say that we've realized some extension to the BPEL designer to work within "eBPM OSGi services".

So "yes" we're definitely interested if the bpel designer will continue to live and evolve....

BTW i think this would be interesting for SOA TLP as well, so my suggestion is to drop a message to the soa dev mailing list to see if we could find way to collaborate...

Andrea
Re: The Eclipse BPEL Designer Project - what's the deal here? [message #575823 is a reply to message #575808] Thu, 09 September 2010 15:45 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Andrea,

I haven't had a chance to dig deeper into the current state of the eBPM project, but it's on my list of things to do. As you know, the eclipse BPEL designer is highly extensible and it shouldn't be difficult at all to add extension activities that suit your needs. Let me know if you need help with this.

Thanks for the tip, I will certainly get an email discussion going on the SOA mailing list - I can use all the help I can get ;)

Cheers!
Bob
Previous Topic:The Eclipse BPEL Designer Project - what's the deal here?
Next Topic:eBPM 0.7 Runtime Available Now
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:02:36 GMT 2024