Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » COSMOS » features of solution deployment descriptor
features of solution deployment descriptor [message #573389] Tue, 22 September 2009 04:08 Go to next message
madhavpai2000  is currently offline madhavpai2000 Friend
hi All,
i would like to know what are the features Solution Deployment Descriptor provides.....Pls provide me the useful links..... thank u in advance
Re: features of solution deployment descriptor [message #573430 is a reply to message #573389] Thu, 24 September 2009 14:00 Go to previous message
Jason Losh is currently offline Jason LoshFriend
Hi,

The SDD features developed in COSMOS are

1) A build time generator (BTG) for automated creation of SDDs. The BTG is intended to be interfaced with existing build systems or run via the Eclipse environment. It is capable of generating SDDs from other SDDs or SDD fragments or from existing RPM packages. Additionally there are extension points so that additional packages such as MSI can be read and SDDs generated from them.

2) A runtime driver to process SDDs. Included in this runtime driver are resource handlers for some basic resources which participate in the deployment of a solution such as operating system, file system, Java runtime and examplary database and J2EE application server handlers. These handlers gather property information about the resources described in SDDs to determine whether the constraints specified in the SDD are satisfied. User's may add additional handlers by following the instructions outlined in the COSMOS developer's guide. Additionally, a command line interface is supplied with the runtime driver to gather user input parameters that must be specified in order to complete a successful solution deployment ... the installation location of the solution for example.

The timing of your question could not be better. The SDD work is available for GA as COSMOS 1.1 completed successful release review yesterday. We are in the process of preparing the 1.1 GA announcement and making the COSMOS 1.1 User Guide and Developer Guide available. Myself or another team member will post to this forum with the official announcement shortly. I encourage you to check out the COSMOS 1.1 Developer's Guide to review the SDD related information.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

Regards,
-Jason
Previous Topic:features of solution deployment descriptor
Next Topic:COSMOS V1.1 is now available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:08:31 GMT 2024