Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Multiple Dropins folders for RCP application
Multiple Dropins folders for RCP application [message #571285] Tue, 17 August 2010 09:47 Go to next message
Murthy Bhat is currently offline Murthy BhatFriend
Hi,

I have a feature based RCP. The features and plugins are developed and exported independently onto some different locations. My usecase is that P2 should be able to update the application with those plugins when it starts up. Basically I want to have a list of watch directories (kind of 'dropins' folders), whose contents are observed by P2 on application startup and new features/updates are installed.

As per my current set up, once I add repositories via the P2 UI ,only those features are watched for updates. And I have the code at startup to install the updates without problem. But I am unable to add this watch directories to my p2 watch list.

Could anyone please direct me in the right direction to solve this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Murthy
Re: Multiple Dropins folders for RCP application [message #576126 is a reply to message #571285] Tue, 31 August 2010 08:45 Go to previous message
Murthy Bhat is currently offline Murthy BhatFriend
I have tried a solution to work around this and I do not know if this is the best solution out there.

The main plugin which is responsble for the reconciling and 'dropins' behavior in p2 is 'org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins' .I downloaded the source cod for the same and did the customization part for also adding my list of files in the dropins directory list.

And in the RCP which needs this behavior, i had it depend on this plugin and have my plugin start before the RCP plugin. So my configuration section in the .product file looks something like below

<configurations>
<plugin id="com.test.rcp" autoStart="false" startLevel="6" />
<plugin id="com.custom.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins" autoStart="true" startLevel="5" />
<plugin id="org.eclipse.core.runtime" autoStart="true" startLevel="4" />
<plugin id="org.eclipse.equinox.common" autoStart="true" startLevel="2" />
<plugin id="org.eclipse.equinox.ds" autoStart="true" startLevel="2" />
<plugin id="org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator" autoStart="true" startLevel="1" />
</configurations>

This works for me currently in both Galileo and Helios, provided i modify the respective reconciler plugin sources. Because the 'org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins' is different for Helios and Galileo.

Best Regards,
Murthy
Previous Topic:Multiple Dropins folders for RCP application
Next Topic:not mirror pack200 bundles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:54:28 GMT 2024