Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » AM3 » Need help to open the "Pet Store" usecase
Need help to open the "Pet Store" usecase [message #570441] Tue, 17 November 2009 18:28 Go to next message
aslan  is currently offline aslan Friend
hi there,

i am new in AM3. I just have some trouble on opening the "Pet Store" Usecase.

I installed all required plug-ins: EMF, UML2, AMW, AM3 following the install Guide here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/AM3/How_Install_New_AM3_From_SVN

After that, i created a new workspace, import all the projects in the usecase into the workspace under "AM3" perspective:

And then,I right-click on each ".ecore" file and select "Register metamodel".Then i click on the "Activate Model Element Traceability" button and click OK just like the guide asked me to.

But after that, when I open the "Am3 Megamodeling" pespective, this Error shows up:

I have to close the "Megamodel Navigator" and select "window"-> "reset perspective" and then i can see the Navigator normally. But it looks like this, nothing about the Usecase which I want to see:

What i missed? Or was there anything I did wrong? Really need some help plz :(

Thank you!

best wishes,

Aslan
Re: Need help to open the "Pet Store" usecase [message #574883 is a reply to message #570441] Thu, 19 November 2009 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guillaume Doux is currently offline Guillaume DouxFriend
Hello Aslan,

I see two points on your message.

The first point is the exception you obtain on the second screenshot. I do not know yet what is the reason (I will try to reproduce and fix it), but it seems good after you do the reset perspective.
I have just a question about that, have you try the linux package management dependencies use case. If you have done this, it could be the reason of the exception.

The second point is the empty megamodel. For this, it seems you need to copy the megamodel.xmi file from the "org.eclipse.gmt.am3.usecase.petstore.megamodel" project into the ".am3" directory of the workspace containing the petstore project (not the plugins one) and restart eclipse. After that it will work.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Best regards,

Guillaume.
Re: Need help to open the "Pet Store" usecase [message #574898 is a reply to message #574883] Fri, 20 November 2009 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aslan  is currently offline aslan Friend
hello Guillaume,

thanks a lot for your reply!

for the first point: no I have not tried the linux dependencies use case.

for the 2nd point: after i copied the file into the .am3 folder, I can see the Megamodel right now. But there is another question:

when i was trying to open any AMWModel in the megamodel, this error shows up:

The weaving model does not have a metadata file. Creat it using the Weaver Wizard in the New->Project menu.

what means this?

Thank you very much!

best regards,

Aslan
Re: Need help to open the "Pet Store" usecase [message #574917 is a reply to message #574898] Fri, 20 November 2009 10:50 Go to previous message
Guillaume Doux is currently offline Guillaume DouxFriend
Hello Aslan,

The error

The weaving model does not have a metadata file. Creat it using the Weaver Wizard in the New->Project menu.

comes from the fact that the weaving model have a .amw extension and by default these files are open with the AMW editor, but this editor needs an additional property file which is a .prop file for each amw model.

If you want to open these weaving models you can simply open them with the sample reflective ecore model editor (in a standard navigator right click on the model -> "open with" and choose the editor) but avoid the use of the weaver editor because the weaving models are serialized in a specific way and this specific serialization is override by the weaver editor and the weaving model are not usable anymore for navigation in the current version of AM3.

Thanks for your interest.

Best regards,

Guillaume.
Previous Topic:Need help to open the "Pet Store" usecase
Next Topic:[ATL] matched rule: imperative part without target section
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:01:08 GMT 2024