Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Linux Tools Project » gprof pluggin review
gprof pluggin review [message #569614] Fri, 02 July 2010 14:39 Go to next message
Tim Jones is currently offline Tim JonesFriend
I'm using Eclipse 3.5.2 on Ubuntu 9.10.

My system is a multicore SOC, with an ARM 9, a DSP and a serial processor (SAP). I have in house tools to generate gprof files with data collected from the DSP and the SAP. Here's my observations:

1. Since I have multiple cores, I name the gprof files dsp.out and sap.out, but the tool only seems to recognize gmon.out, so I have to manually copy the files over.
2. Once I did that, however, everything worked flawlessly, except...
3. The plotting utility doesn't work.

Overall, however, I'm quite pleased. My company composed similar tools for simulation years ago, but having something like this for evaluating our actual hardware performance is great. Hope it get's out of incubation soon.
Re: gprof pluggin review [message #569640 is a reply to message #569614] Fri, 02 July 2010 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tim Jones is currently offline Tim JonesFriend
One more comment. Pop window that polls for associated .elf file doesn't remember previous call. It's annoying to have to navigate to the elf file for each call.

// tim
Re: gprof pluggin review [message #569658 is a reply to message #569640] Tue, 06 July 2010 15:48 Go to previous message
Xavier Raynaud is currently offline Xavier RaynaudFriend
Hi,

Many thanks for your comments and interesting suggestions.

About plotting utility: what exactly doesn't work ?

Xavier
Previous Topic:gprof pluggin review
Next Topic:Refresh coverage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:55:19 GMT 2024