Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Is it possible to leverage CSS styling in a legacy RCP application?
Is it possible to leverage CSS styling in a legacy RCP application? [message #562582] Fri, 21 August 2009 13:44
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

Hello,

Thanks to latest webinars and blog entries about e4, I am making some tests to check whether there are parts of e4 that I could already use in my RCP app. I am starting by trying to enable CSS styling in my app.

I took the example of the e4 tech preview, which is actually the "org.eclipse.e4.ui.legacy.workbench" product. This product does use the regular "org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench" application and a CSS sheet.
Then I tried the same thing for my RCP application (defining a new product based on e4 with my legacy application and adding an applicationCSS to its definition), but I did not noticed any change in UI.

Is the workbench used in e4 0.9 the "real" legacy workbench ? What could explain that the CSS applies to IDE and not to my app ? I did not see in the org.eclipse.ui.ide_3.100 plugin any dependency to org.eclipse.e4...

Mickael
Previous Topic:CSS styling - Border (e4 contacts demo)
Next Topic:Eclipse E4 - Example for css styling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:40:24 GMT 2024