Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Eclipse E4 - Example for css styling
Eclipse E4 - Example for css styling [message #562485] Tue, 18 August 2009 22:26 Go to next message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

Hi,

I describe how to create an E4 example with css styling here:
http://www.vogella.de/blog/2009/08/18/eclipse-e4-css/

Hope it helps.

Best regards, Lars

--
http://www.vogella.de/ - Eclipse plugin and Eclipse RCP Tutorials
http://www.twitter.com/vogella - vogella on Twitter
Re: Eclipse E4 - Example for css styling [message #728149 is a reply to message #562485] Thu, 22 September 2011 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peter pan is currently offline peter panFriend
actually i cannot make the example "de.vogella.e4.todo" work Sad after step by step to setup the project, launch the eclipse application ends up with error

ava.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)

i'm using the 4.1.0 I20110620 build. have you any idea why this happens?

Re: Eclipse E4 - Example for css styling [message #728434 is a reply to message #562485] Fri, 23 September 2011 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I also tried the example after download the de.vogella.e4.css, after small change with import and plugin.xml, add extension point org.eclipse.e4.workbench.parts and schema schema/org.eclipse.e4.workbench.parts.exsd, i can get rid of all red crosses in Eclipse, in product definition, i also set it as org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.E4Application

but lauch the application ends up with error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Core services not available. Please make sure that a declarative service implementation (such as the bundle 'org.eclipse.equinox.ds') is available!
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.createE4Workbench(E4Application.java:194)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.start(E4Application.java:130)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

i have a complete Eclipse installation and installed all updates, anything i can do to make this work?

help please Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
Re: Eclipse E4 - Example for css styling [message #728441 is a reply to message #728434] Fri, 23 September 2011 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually still error in Application.e4xmi (i rename the file from Application.xmi to Application.e4xmi).

org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$1DiagnosticWrappedException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.PackageNotFoundException: Package with uri 'http:__www.eclipse.org__ui__2008__Application' not found. (platform:__resource__de.vogella.e4.css__Application.e4xmi, 2, 197)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.handleDemandLoadException(ResourceSetImpl.java:315)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:274)
Re: Eclipse E4 - Example for css styling [message #728453 is a reply to message #728441] Fri, 23 September 2011 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after i recreate a new Application.e4xmi from workbench model editor with only empty window, i still get the error if i launch the application.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Core services not available. Please make sure that a declarative service implementation (such as the bundle 'org.eclipse.equinox.ds') is available!
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.createE4Workbench(E4Application.java:194)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.start(E4Application.java:130)

it cannot show me a single empty window Sad
Re: Eclipse E4 - Example for css styling [message #728468 is a reply to message #728453] Fri, 23 September 2011 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Please use the e4 project wizard which creates a .product with all
plugins needed to launch an eclipse 4 application.

You are missing equinox.ds in your launch config.

Tom

Am 23.09.11 12:03, schrieb peter pan:
> after i recreate a new Application.e4xmi from workbench model editor
> with only empty window, i still get the error if i launch the application.
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Core services not available. Please
> make sure that a declarative service implementation (such as the bundle
> 'org.eclipse.equinox.ds') is available!
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.createE4Workbench(E4Application.java:194)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.start(E4Application.java:130)
>
>
> it cannot show me a single empty window :(
Re: Eclipse E4 - Example for css styling [message #728516 is a reply to message #728468] Fri, 23 September 2011 12:01 Go to previous message
Yes. after using "e4 application project" to create the project, then the example works Smile
Previous Topic:problem opening Application.e4xmi in e4 windows 64bit
Next Topic:CSS not complete work for Button
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:42:39 GMT 2024