Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Keeping Launch configurations after removing a project
Keeping Launch configurations after removing a project [message #559958] Mon, 20 September 2010 14:35 Go to next message
Shlomi  is currently offline Shlomi Friend
Hey,

We have recently upgraded from eclipse 3.2 to 3.5, and the most annoying "feature" was added, that i have no clue how to get rid of.

we are using clearcase, and in order to change views of a current project, we have to remove and re-import the psf file.
Although this is quite bothering, it works.

in eclipse 3.2, when we removed the project, it asked us if we would like to remove the associated launch configuration, where we would answer "no", and they worked again once we imported the other view.

but in 3.5, it just removes the launch configuration! and that is VERY bad, since i have to change views at least a few times a day, and i have MANY ways to run my application!

how can i disable that annoying "feature"? this is really REALLY unproductive for us!

thanks,
Shlomi
Re: Keeping Launch configurations after removing a project [message #559969 is a reply to message #559958] Mon, 20 September 2010 14:58 Go to previous message
Shlomi  is currently offline Shlomi Friend
Ok, after ranting about it, i found how to get to it - although this really SHOULD remain an interactive option when you delete your project (just like the "remove from disk" option), and not be hidden in the configuration.

now i have to remember (and so does everyone in our team), to disable it for each new workspace we make..

anyhow, thats how you do it:

Window->Preference->Run/Debug->Launching->Launch Configurations

here, after the big table in the middle, a little "delete configurations when associated resource is deleted" is hiding. uncheck it.

(why isnt it at the top near all the other checkboxes? i dont know).

anyhow, life's back to normal,
good day,
Shlomi

Previous Topic:Make Eclipse + Javadocs ignore a certain file
Next Topic:Helios 64 bit windows 7 javaw access is denied
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:10:14 GMT 2024