Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse and Portlets
Eclipse and Portlets [message #559910] Mon, 20 September 2010 10:50 Go to next message
Ignacio de   is currently offline Ignacio de Friend
Hello,
I'm trying to do a simple Portlet development with Eclipse. I've been googling and found 2 Eclipse Plugin for Portlets: Portal Pack and Portlet Plugin.
I haven't found any fresh tutorial on any of these, not even on how to install them on current eclipse version.
Anybody has any info on this?

Thanks,
Ignacio
Re: Eclipse and Portlets [message #559917 is a reply to message #559910] Mon, 20 September 2010 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Volodymyr Gryshko is currently offline Volodymyr GryshkoFriend
At least portlet plugin has an update site :

http://portlet-eclipse.sourceforge.net/update

If you aren't familiar with update sites see:
http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse .platform.doc.user/tasks/tasks-129.htm
Re: Eclipse and Portlets [message #559920 is a reply to message #559917] Mon, 20 September 2010 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ignacio de   is currently offline Ignacio de Friend
Hi,
thanks for your reply.

I have already installed Portlet Plugin using that update site, but after installing and eclipse restarting I just have the Portlet Library to be added to the project "Libraries". It has no portlet wizard, as Portal Pack has.

Anyway, all eclipse tutorials I've found are outdated or strong dependent on an specific Portlet Container / Framework (Liferay, ...)
I'd just like to find a simple Eclipse + Pluto for example. I'll keep on searching...

Regards,
Ignacio
Re: Eclipse and Portlets [message #1716353 is a reply to message #559920] Thu, 03 December 2015 08:16 Go to previous message
Suprasanna Bhaumik is currently offline Suprasanna BhaumikFriend
I have encountered the same problem with Mars IDE. Any help in this direction is greatly appreciated
Previous Topic:eclipse wont debug
Next Topic:Does Eclipse create a new Jre for JDT ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:55:19 GMT 2024