Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » configure location of site.p2 output directory?
configure location of site.p2 output directory? [message #559888] Mon, 20 September 2010 08:52 Go to next message
Michael Breu is currently offline Michael BreuFriend
Hello,

I have finally managed to build with hudson and buckminster an p2 updatesite. However the update site is now located at ${buckminster.output.root}//info.squam.ocl.editor.metrics.bu ckminster.features_1.0.0-eclipse.feature/site.p2 . (Took me a long time to find it Confused ).

Finally I want to automatically export this site. However it is very uncomfortable, if the path to the update site contains a package name and a version number. This makes it quite hard to automatize it in general.

The only solution I can imagine is to define another buckminster action to copy the result ot another directory.

Question: Is there a simpler way (e.g. by defining some variable?

Michael
Re: configure location of site.p2 output directory? [message #559892 is a reply to message #559888] Mon, 20 September 2010 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Utzig is currently offline Johannes UtzigFriend
Michael Breu wrote on Mon, 20 September 2010 04:52
Finally I want to automatically export this site. However it is very uncomfortable, if the path to the update site contains a package name and a version number. This makes it quite hard to automatize it in general.

Hi Michael,

this is actually a piece of cake with Hudson since you can specify filepaths in Ant syntax. Just write something like this in the 'Archive the Artifacts' Section:
buckminster.output/your.feature.name*/site.p2/**/*

Best regards,
Johannes
Re: configure location of site.p2 output directory? [message #560002 is a reply to message #559892] Mon, 20 September 2010 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Breu is currently offline Michael BreuFriend
Hello Johannes,

Yes that's the idea, although I would have thought that buckminster would bring something with it by itself.

Having now run the job several times, I see that the site.p2 directory gets crowded with old version. Is there a straightforward way to clean the site.p2 directory, besides writing another ant script?

Michael
Re: configure location of site.p2 output directory? [message #560122 is a reply to message #560002] Tue, 21 September 2010 09:30 Go to previous message
Johannes Utzig is currently offline Johannes UtzigFriend
Hi Michael,

add an 'Execute Shell' Build step as the first build step in your job and enter the following lines:
rm -Rf $WORKSPACE/buckminster.output
rm -Rf $WORKSPACE/buckminster.temp
Previous Topic:Missing Items
Next Topic:Inserting example features into build.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:55:53 GMT 2024