Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Issuing jgit commands (commit) without command line interface(Easier way to implement jgit api)
Issuing jgit commands (commit) without command line interface [message #559719] Fri, 17 September 2010 16:52
Michael Lantz is currently offline Michael LantzFriend
Greetings,

I have slowly started to implement parts of JGit into my project over time. I was able to successfully implement a custom method which would stage and commit a particular file.

I have recently upgraded the build to find that the Commit (Staging still works) class in org.eclipse.jgit.lib is hidden/renamed and can no longer can be used as I had intended.

Instead of re-testing and utilizing the new CommitCommand Class I would simply like to have a basic method to allow execution of commands without use of command line. I would be able to pass the git directory, command, subcommand, etc and a commit, checkout, etc be performed)

As the workflows for jgit are a bit overwhelming I would like to use something similar to a command line version of jgit/git, by simply using a java api method or class. I would still like to be aware of any exceptions but would like the benefit of not having in-depth working knowledge of all jgit classes (unless required for exception investigation). I would like to be able to use a class similar to Main in org.eclipse.jgit.pgm to accomplish this, I have started to take out the pieces that heavily rely on passing command line arguments and passing static values for the command, subcommand, git dir, etc. I will continue to do so, but I was wondering if anyone had a similar request, or even a working example.

My main goal would be to call a method from another class

eg ( executeGitCommand("commit - m \"This is easy\" --gitdir \"C:\\VP-Git\\.git\" ")

I don't mind having to adopt a new commit method, but as my previous commit was working, I do not want to continue to re-write methods as the project evolves and new builds are distributed.

Thanks in advance,

Michael Lantz

[Updated on: Fri, 17 September 2010 16:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Status of .gitignore awareness in 0.9?
Next Topic:git-upload-pack
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:22:52 GMT 2024