Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » BPEL Designer » Develop new plugins from the BPEL designer source code(how to deploy the BPEL designer soucrce code to plugins)
Develop new plugins from the BPEL designer source code [message #559335] Thu, 16 September 2010 12:11 Go to next message
Jindo  is currently offline Jindo Friend
Dear all,

I have checked out the BPEL designer source codes from the repository ":pserver:anonymous@dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/technology".

I would like to add a function and rebuild(or compile or deploy, whatever) these source codes into BPELxx designer plugins for testing my created function working with the BPEL.

Could you please tell me how to rebuild and test the BPEL plugins from their source code ?

Thank you,
Re: Develop new plugins from the BPEL designer source code [message #559422 is a reply to message #559335] Thu, 16 September 2010 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Jindo,

I'm assuming you will eventually want to build a deployable product? We are currently working on setting up nightly builds at build.eclipse.org (you may have seen the pom.xml maven project files). This should be running by end of this week, but in the meantime you can build and run the BPEL Designer plugins from you eclipse IDE.

You should be able to run the current source code with eclipse 3.6 - the "Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers" distribution has everything you need.

Let me know if you have problems getting started.

BTW, can I ask what kind of extensions you are building on to the editor? Have you considered contributing your work to the BPEL Designer project? Wink

Bob
Re: Develop new plugins from the BPEL designer source code [message #559661 is a reply to message #559422] Fri, 17 September 2010 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jindo  is currently offline Jindo Friend
Hi Bob,
I am pleasure to contribute my work to the BPEL project. I am sure that it would be interesting. Very Happy

But firstly, I need to run and test the functionalities of my application with BPEL Designer.

To do this, I am deploying a RCP application which allows users to use the Palette of the BPEL designer to create the BPEL process. Then, I need the function to read the bpel file to get the designed actions and activities for my application.

At the begining, I thought that I should modify the BPEL designer's souce codes. But that's illegal and infeasible. Therefore, I try to find the BPEL designer's extensions that can help me to load the palette and parse the bpel file.

Do you know which are the dependencies and extensions of the BPEL designer that I can use for this issue?

Thank you,
Re: Develop new plugins from the BPEL designer source code [message #628673 is a reply to message #559661] Thu, 23 September 2010 15:53 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi jindo,

Sorry for the late reply - didn't see your updated post here...

I'm still not quite sure what you're trying to do - from your description it sounds like you are trying to do the same thing the editor already does, except packaged into an RCP.

To answer your questions about extension points exposed by the editor, these are described in detail here. These allow you to extend the editor's functionality by defining BPEL language extensions.

There are basically 4 "components" to the BPEL Designer: 1. an extensible EMF model that implements the WS-BPEL 2.0 specification; 2. a UI (the editor itself); 3. an extensible validation framework for WS-BPEL 2.0; and 4. deployment editor and components for deploying to a BPEL runtime. Beyond that, the editor itself is not really meant to be broken apart and pieced together.

Maybe if I understood better the problem you're trying to solve, I could suggest a way to attack this.

Bob
Previous Topic:CorrelationSet
Next Topic:Create BPEL Process
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:15:28 GMT 2024