Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Common Navigator : extending the viewer with custom pages
Common Navigator : extending the viewer with custom pages [message #559041] Wed, 15 September 2010 12:12
Xavier Coulon is currently offline Xavier CoulonFriend
Hello,

[First of all, sorry for cross-posting. I just realized that I posted this question in the 'RCP' section of forum yesterday, but it was intended to be in the 'Platform' section].

I'm developping a custom view based on the Common Navigator Framework to display the a specific metamodel of any selected project for which a facet is installed.

For now, a user selects a resource in a project or a project, a builder 'builds' the metamodel and the content is displayed in the viewer.
Next, I'd like to add the following behaviour : when the facet is not installed on the selected project (or resource's project), the viewer would display a text with a link that would automatically open the project's property page. That's somehow similar to the 'Search' view with a link that open the search popup when no result is available. It avoids the blank view and thus provides a better user experience (IMO).

From the extension point definition, I can see that some contentProvider enablement is possible with an assertion on whether the facet is installed or not. So, I could create a special 'contentProvider' in of a project on which my facet is not installed, but it seems rather weird, as this contentProvider would be selectable in the "Customize view" menu (unless it can be programmatically disabled), and still, it does not solve the second part of the behavious, ie, providing a 'link' in the text. Using a LabelProvider with implements IStyledLabelProvider wouldn't allow me to provide link, would it ?

So, is there any clean way to implement this feature ?

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Xavier
Previous Topic:BreadCrumb
Next Topic:Bundle pooling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:19:12 GMT 2024