Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Information about update
Information about update [message #559036] Wed, 15 September 2010 12:01 Go to next message
staudta is currently offline staudtaFriend
Hi,

I need for my project some additional information. I found that there exists some extension points, but the offered functionality seams to be not sufficient.
http:// www.eclipse.org/subversive/documentation/gettingStarted/abou tSubversive/extensions.php

Is there a way to get informed that the user has selected Team- > Update / Update to Revision / Revert.
I need to get informed about those actions. When the user executes once of these actions I want to execute additional user specific code.

Is this possible with Subversive?
Do you have any ideas how to reach that target?

Thank you
Adrian
Re: Information about update [message #559279 is a reply to message #559036] Thu, 16 September 2010 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hi Adrian,

Currently there is no API that allows to solve such a tasks. What you really asking is API that allows to monitor user actions while using Subversive, right? If so, the task is pretty complex by itself: there is plenty of different actions, some of them pretty simple, but some of them have really complex workflows ("Share Project" action, for example).
On the other side they all were made in similar manner: gathering user input, composing action from several different but simple tasks and then running composed task as background or foreground work.
So, you could take it as the start point and try to figure out which areas is really interesting for you to be monitored. Then we can discuss the issue a little more deep in order to define what kind of API changes would be required to solve it.
Re: Information about update [message #559758 is a reply to message #559036] Fri, 17 September 2010 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alexander,

you are right. I need an API that tells me the user actions while Subversive will be used.

Actually what I need is quit simple. I need only the information which files were {modified, deleted, created}.

What I also currently miss at the commit extension point is, that I can't get the information which files were be realy commited. The method performAfterCommitTasks(...) is not a real "after commit task" method.

I would also need a list of resources which were modified during an action. Interesting actions would be for me: {commit, update, update to revision, revert}.
A notification, that the user has shared now a new project will be also very interesting. And in respect also a notification that the user has disconnected from a project.

What do you think? Is there maybe already today a solution for me go gain those goals?
Re: Information about update [message #631105 is a reply to message #559279] Wed, 06 October 2010 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alexander,

you are right. I need an API that tells me the user actions while Subversive will be used.

Actually what I need is quit simple. I need only the information which files were {modified, deleted, created}.

What I also currently miss at the commit extension point is, that I can't get the information which files were be realy commited. The method performAfterCommitTasks(...) is not a real "after commit task" method.

I would also need a list of resources which were modified during an action. Interesting actions would be for me: {commit, update, update to revision, revert}.
A notification, that the user has shared now a new project will be also very interesting. And in respect also a notification that the user has disconnected from a project.

What do you think? Is there maybe already today a solution for me go gain those goals?
Re: Information about update [message #631895 is a reply to message #559036] Sun, 10 October 2010 07:55 Go to previous message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hi,

Now Subversive has some ways to provide "committed revision" information but not on the "per-resource" basis and there is not distinct notification about which action is performed. At the moment I can't tell you how API will be changed in order to provide sufficient functionality. So, for now lets move this discussion to the bug tracker:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=327399
Previous Topic:How to ignore an incoming change or add in sync view?
Next Topic:How checkout and build Subversive trunk?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:53:07 GMT 2024