Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Plugin Development
Plugin Development [message #558972] Wed, 15 September 2010 08:20 Go to next message
Peter is currently offline PeterFriend
Hello,

I'm trying to modify a plugin which is a component of the CDT.

I checkout the component using CVS. I make my modifications and use Debug As ->Eclipse Application to try out my changes. However, no matter the changes I make it appears that the original component is still being used.

What do I need to change or configure to ensure that it is the modified plugin which is used?

Thanks for any response!

Peter
Re: Plugin Development [message #559069 is a reply to message #558972] Wed, 15 September 2010 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saurav sarkar is currently offline saurav sarkarFriend
Is your class files getting generated for the modified ones?...could you try a clean build and test again ?

cheers,
Saurav

Re: Plugin Development [message #559171 is a reply to message #559069] Wed, 15 September 2010 20:14 Go to previous message
Peter is currently offline PeterFriend
Thanks for the response, Saurav.
Although I thought the project was being built, apparently it wasn't. I'm not really sure why, but there was a message in the log indicating that there was incomplete information in the .project file.
I recreated the project from scratch and thereafter the system behaved as expected.

Regards,

Peter
Previous Topic:turn eclipse project into executable file?
Next Topic:Executables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:57:17 GMT 2024