Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » What way do you prefer to associate project folders/server folders/SCM folders?
What way do you prefer to associate project folders/server folders/SCM folders? [message #558453] Mon, 13 September 2010 01:17
Kris Larson is currently offline Kris LarsonFriend
I've used Eclipse a lot for Java, just starting using PDT with Apache local on Windows 7. Using Mercurial plugin for SCM.

How do you make a seamless association between the project directory and the server docroot directory? Do you prefer to put the project dir right in the server docroot?

I would like to have these dirs separate, but ultimately I want the URL to map the server directly to the project; i.e. Test/test.php => http://testhost/test.php. This way the URLs will be the same as when the project is deployed on production server.

Right now I'm making the docroot dir a linked resource in the project, and changing the URL mapping to remove the project dir. I also make a different virtual server for each project, since each project is for a different website. Is there a cleaner way to do this? Does anyone use an Ant build task to copy files to docroot before running?

I'm just starting with Mercurial. Does a repository match one-to-one with a project? Or can you have a single repository folder for all your projects? Do you create your repository right in your workspace? I'd like to keep these dirs separate as well.

Would appreciate any advice from more experienced devs on best way to set up folder associations between PDT/Apache/Mercurial.
Previous Topic:Incorrect background color
Next Topic:Phpdoc hover not working as expected
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:56:00 GMT 2024