Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » build problem with cdt
build problem with cdt [message #557653] Wed, 08 September 2010 12:46 Go to next message
Hannes Vandecasteele is currently offline Hannes VandecasteeleFriend
I haven't programmed c++ for a while, and now I want to refresh it. I just wanted to make a simple program that shows something in my Console, but there are a few problems with that.

First of all, when i want to build my program, the following message appears in my Console:
"Cannot run program "make" (in directory "C:\Users\Hannes\Workspace\c++ test"): CreateProcess error=2, Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden)"

And when i want to run my program, there pops up a message dialog with the following message: "Launch failed. Binary not found."

I've had these problems before, but i didn't know how to fix them, does anyone know how to fix these problems?

Hannesvdc
Re: build problem with cdt [message #557676 is a reply to message #557653] Wed, 08 September 2010 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John McCabe is currently offline John McCabeFriend
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 08:46:26 -0400, <hannesvdc@gmail.com> wrote:

>I haven't programmed c++ for a while, and now I want to refresh it. I just wanted to make a simple program that shows something in my Console, but there are a few problems with that.
>
>First of all, when i want to build my program, the following message appears in my Console:
> "Cannot run program "make" (in directory "C:\Users\Hannes\Workspace\c++ test"): CreateProcess error=2, Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden)"
>
>And when i want to run my program, there pops up a message dialog with the following message: "Launch failed. Binary not found."
>
>I've had these problems before, but i didn't know how to fix them, does anyone know how to fix these problems?

This may seem like a stupid question, but you do have a C++ compiler
installed don't you?

What steps have you gone through to get where you are?
Re: build problem with cdt [message #557816 is a reply to message #557676] Thu, 09 September 2010 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do have a c++ compiler, mingw, located at C:\MinGW

Eclipse recognizes mingw becuase it is in the list of used tools among with cygwin gcc( i don't know what this is) and other stuff.

hannesvdc
Re: build problem with cdt [message #557828 is a reply to message #557653] Thu, 09 September 2010 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Quote:
First of all, when i want to build my program, the following message appears in my Console:
"Cannot run program "make" (in directory "C:\Users\Hannes\Workspace\c++ test"): CreateProcess error=2, Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden)
"
Eclipse cannot find the make tool. It is either not in your PATH (did you add C:\MinGW to your PATH?) or it is not installed at all.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: build problem with cdt [message #557905 is a reply to message #557816] Thu, 09 September 2010 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 01:37:00 -0400, <hannesvdc@gmail.com> wrote:

>I do have a c++ compiler, mingw, located at C:\MinGW
>
>Eclipse recognizes mingw becuase it is in the list of used tools among with cygwin gcc( i don't know what this is) and other stuff.

Well that answered my first question. What about the second? (What
steps have you taken to get to where you are?)
Re: build problem with cdt [message #557949 is a reply to message #557828] Thu, 09 September 2010 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have two directories in my PATH variable: C:\Mingw and C:\Mingw\bin

When i go to the control panel -> programs mingw 5.1.6 is in the list, so it is installed.

Maybe it has to do something with my project properties.

When i want to build my program, the following message appears in my console:
**** Build of configuration Default for project c++ test ****

**** Internal Builder is used for build ****
**** WARNING: The "Default" Configuration may not build ****
**** because it uses the "MinGW GCC" ****
**** tool-chain that is unsupported on this system. ****

And when i want to run it, a message box appears "Launching c++test Default has encountered a problem. Program file not specified."

hannesvdc
Re: build problem with cdt [message #557954 is a reply to message #557949] Thu, 09 September 2010 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 10:50:44 -0400, <hannesvdc@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have two directories in my PATH variable: C:\Mingw and C:\Mingw\bin
>
>When i go to the control panel -> programs mingw 5.1.6 is in the list, so it is installed.
>
>Maybe it has to do something with my project properties.
>
>When i want to build my program, the following message appears in my console:
>**** Build of configuration Default for project c++ test ****
>
>**** Internal Builder is used for build ****
>**** WARNING: The "Default" Configuration may not build ****
>**** because it uses the "MinGW GCC" ****
>**** tool-chain that is unsupported on this system. ****
>
>And when i want to run it, a message box appears "Launching c++test Default has encountered a problem. Program file not specified."

Right click on the project and select "Properties". Click on "C/C++
Build". In the "Builder Settings" tab does it have "Use default build
command" checked and the "Build command:" set to "make"? If it does,
try unchecking the "Use default build command" box and set the "Build
command:" to "mingw32-make".

See if that helps at all.
Re: build problem with cdt [message #558030 is a reply to message #557954] Thu, 09 September 2010 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't to anything in the tab( everything is disabled).
Above the tabs there is a combobox with "Current configuration: Default [ active]" as text and underneath the box, there is a waring:" Configuration support is not installed on the system.

hannesvdc
Re: build problem with cdt [message #558497 is a reply to message #558030] Mon, 13 September 2010 09:21 Go to previous message
On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 16:52:43 -0400, <hannesvdc@gmail.com> wrote:

>I can't to anything in the tab( everything is disabled).
>Above the tabs there is a combobox with "Current configuration: Default [ active]" as text and underneath the box, there is a waring:" Configuration support is not installed on the system.

Right - can you then go back to the start and let us know exactly what
you did (installations etc, configurations, project creation) to get
in the position you're in now.

Thanks
John
Previous Topic:Source-Level Debugging Issue?
Next Topic:Using CDT with several users
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:17:54 GMT 2024