Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Icons for stereotypes
Icons for stereotypes [message #557401] Tue, 07 September 2010 10:07 Go to next message
Andreas Graf is currently offline Andreas GrafFriend
Dear all,

is there a little tutorial on how to set icons / specific shapes for stereotypes? I defined a profile with a stereotype for a class and added the Icon child element to the stereotype definition.
Is there some documentation about the Kind, Expr, Location, Format, Content etc. fields of the Image Properties?

Best Regards,

Andreas
Re: Icons for stereotypes [message #629081 is a reply to message #557401] Mon, 27 September 2010 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
This thread is pretty old, but i would be interested in the same, somehow it seems that i am to stupid to apply a new shape or image to my UML Model. Embarrassed

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Mathias
Re: Icons for stereotypes [message #629117 is a reply to message #629081] Mon, 27 September 2010 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vlad Varnica is currently offline Vlad VarnicaFriend
It is a risk to change the shape of an element but you can still create a specific icon such as an image or picture.
Icons can give very useful graphical information and this is fully allowed in UML.

I did a demo for Omondo on this subject available at: http://www.download-omondo.com/dsl_modeling_with_uml.swf

Hope this helps.
Re: Icons for stereotypes [message #629132 is a reply to message #629117] Mon, 27 September 2010 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
Hello Vlad,

great Tutorial indeed, thanks a lot. But how can you replace a shape? make the Icon bigger? Maybe i will just tell you what i need/want to achieve. I basically need a nice looking UML Diagram which you can present on Meetings/Workshops. And because i don't want to draw stuff in Powerpoint and than again in my UML Editor, i thought(and searched) for ways to have nice looking shiny Diagrams but didn't find a solution yet.

Cheers
Mathias
Re: Icons for stereotypes [message #630275 is a reply to message #557401] Fri, 01 October 2010 11:55 Go to previous message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
I will add documentation in the wiki.
I will add a response in this newsgroup as soon as it is done
Previous Topic:Opening a papyrus UML diagram editor programatically
Next Topic:Download source of official page and extend composite diagrams
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:00:01 GMT 2024