Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » "svn: authentication cancelled" error
"svn: authentication cancelled" error [message #557226] Mon, 06 September 2010 08:11 Go to next message
Tomsen  is currently offline Tomsen Friend
Hello,
I try to setup a build like here http:// wiki.eclipse.org/Building_an_RCP_application_with_hudson_%28 Buckminster%29 with separate jobs for Target Platform and actual product build.
The product build step is preceeded by an SVN checkout of the releng project.
A .cquery is then materialized in the workspace. The cquery also tries to fetch projects from the same SVN location. It seems now that the first SVN extract works, the second Buckminster driven extract does not with the error mentioned above.

Gestartet durch Benutzer anonymous
Checking out a fresh workspace because /home/hudson/jobs/xsl easy 4.0/workspace/de.softproject.xe.standalone.releng doesn't exist
Checking out https://svn-host/svn/MAIN/Products/Eclipse-RCP/XSLEasy/trunk/de.softproject.xe.standalone.releng
A         build
A         build/product.ant
A         xsleasy36.rmap
A         eclipse35dev.target
A         buckminster_product.properties
A         eclipse35.target
A         .project
A         buckminster.cspex
A         buckminster_p2site.properties
A         build-3.5.cquery
A         build-3.6.cquery
A         build.properties
A         feature.xml
A         xsleasy.target
A         xsleasy35.rmap
At revision 29050
no change for https://svn-host/svn/MAIN/Products/Eclipse-RCP/XSLEasy/trunk/de.softproject.xe.standalone.releng since the previous build
[workspace] $ /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/java "-Dbuckminster.output.root=/home/hudson/jobs/xsl easy 4.0/workspace/buckminster.output" "-Dbuckminster.temp.root=/home/hudson/jobs/xsl easy 4.0/workspace/buckminster.temp" -Xmx256m -jar /home/hudson/tools/Buckminster_3.6/buckminster/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar -application org.eclipse.buckminster.cmdline.headless -data "/home/hudson/jobs/xsl easy 4.0/workspace" --loglevel info -S "/home/hudson/jobs/xsl easy 4.0/workspace/commands.txt"
INFO:  setpref 'targetPlatformPath=/home/hudson/jobs/xsl-easy Target Platform 3.5/builds/2010-09-06_09-02-37/archive//targetPlatform'
INFO:  import '/home/hudson/jobs/xsl easy 4.0/workspace//de.softproject.xe.standalone.releng/build-3.6.cquery'
ERROR   [0001] : No suitable provider for component de.softproject.xe.standalone.feature:eclipse.feature was found in resourceMap file:/home/hudson/jobs/xsl%20easy%204.0/workspace/de.softproject.xe.standalone.releng/xsleasy36.rmap
  ERROR   [0001] : No suitable provider for component de.softproject.xe.standalone.feature:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath de.softproject.xe
    ERROR   [0001] : Rejecting provider svn(https://{0}:{1}@{2}/svn/MAIN/Products/Eclipse-RCP/XSLEasy/trunk/{3}[https://xxx:yyy@svn-host/svn/MAIN/Products/Eclipse-RCP/XSLEasy/trunk/de.softproject.xe.standalone.feature]): No component match was found
      ERROR   org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.SVNClientException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: authentication cancelled
INFO:  TAG-ID 0001 = Query for de.softproject.xe.standalone.feature:eclipse.feature

Archiviere Artefakte
Finished: FAILURE

Is this a known problem? I have found a post from last year with similar probloems. Is there a known workaround? I use the the 'auto'-setting for the Hudson SVN extract, maybe that conflicts with the Buckminster Plugin's Subclipse Default?

EDIT Just saw that the setting 'Repository Browser' probably is not the setting for the used SVN client but just for the browser used. Nevermind.

-Thomas

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2010 08:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "svn: authentication cancelled" error [message #557252 is a reply to message #557226] Mon, 06 September 2010 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I think the problem might be that the .rmap used for the resolution in svn contains properties that need to get resolved properly. How do I set properties for Buckminster Tasks inside the Hudson Buckminster plugin? Johannes? Smile Apparently I can't use the syntax from the headless Buckminster commands. There
import
has an option --properties which allows to set properties. This does not work from within the Buckminster plugin.

-Thomas
Re: "svn: authentication cancelled" error [message #557261 is a reply to message #557252] Mon, 06 September 2010 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Utzig is currently offline Johannes UtzigFriend
Am 06.09.2010 11:39, schrieb Tomsen:
> Okay, I think the problem might be that the .rmap used for the
> resolution in svn contains properties that need to get resolved
> properly. How do I set properties for Buckminster Tasks inside the
> Hudson Buckminster plugin? Johannes? :) Apparently I can't use the
> syntax from the headless Buckminster commands. There import has an
> option --properties which allows to set properties. This does not work
> from within the Buckminster plugin.
> -Thomas
It should work since the plugin just generates a command line invocation
according to your input values, so the syntax is exactly the same.
This will get a little easier once this issue is resolved (didn't get to
that yet) http://issues.hudson-ci.org/browse/HUDSON-7118
But it should work manually already.
What kind of error are you experiencing when using --properties?
You can also set properties directly in your cquery, or in the job
configuration in Hudson:
Advanced -> JVM Arguments -> -Dyour.property=foo

Best regards,
Johannes
Re: "svn: authentication cancelled" error [message #557264 is a reply to message #557261] Mon, 06 September 2010 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes,
I had the wrong order of arguments in the import command. The properties are now accepted.
SVN screws up still Sad
Weird that no-one else is seeing this problem. How do people normally get the cquery to populate the workspace? I would think you always check out the cquery from some repo and call "import" which in turn fetches more stuff from the same SVN. I could probably also just fetch everything from SVN first in pre-build so Buckminster does not have to go SVN .... but this seems like another hack.

The setup works from the IDE btw.

-Thomas
Re: "svn: authentication cancelled" error [message #557277 is a reply to message #557264] Mon, 06 September 2010 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am 06.09.2010 13:08, schrieb Tomsen:
> Johannes,
> I had the wrong order of arguments in the import command. The properties
> are now accepted. SVN screws up still :( Weird that no-one else is
> seeing this problem. How do people normally get the cquery to populate
> the workspace? I would think you always check out the cquery from some
> repo and call "import" which in turn fetches more stuff from the same
> SVN. I could probably also just fetch everything from SVN first in
> pre-build so Buckminster does not have to go SVN .... but this seems
> like another hack.
> The setup works from the IDE btw.
>
> -Thomas

I think this has been fixed here:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=321733
But this revision is AFAIK not yet released. Meanwhile I you could
either switch to svn+ssh, or have the complete checkout done by hudson.

Having the checkout done by hudson is actually a very good alternative
if you for example check out a complete SVN module anyway. You get the
nice changelog per build, can configure hudson to build automatically on
changes in the SCM and so on.
Having Buckminster check out the source is preferable however if the
necessary bundles are spreaded through multiple SCMs, or modules in an
SCM and the number of artifacts to checkout is rather dynamic.

If you want to have the checkout done by hudson, I usually go with a
'hybrid rmap' that works for both developers and hudson:

<rm:searchPath name="yoursources">
<rm:provider componentTypes="osgi.bundle,eclipse.feature"
readerType="local">
<rm:uri format="file:///{0}/{1}/">
<bc:propertyRef key="workspace.root"/>
<bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component"/>
</rm:uri>
</rm:provider>
<rm:provider
componentTypes="eclipse.feature,osgi.bundle,buckminster" readerType="cvs">
<rm:uri
format=":extssh:{0}@yourserver:22/var/share/cvs/,your/module{1} ">
<bc:propertyRef key="cvs.user"/>
<bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component"/>
</rm:uri>
</rm:provider>
</rm:searchPath>

If the Build runs on Hudson, Hudson has already checked out everything,
so Buckminster will do a local resolution, expecting everything to be ar
workspace.root/component.name.
If a developer uses the same query, the 'local' provider fails so it
falls back the the cvs/svn/... provider and fetches the resources from
remote. That way you can easily use the same rmap for your headless
builds as well as for workspace provisioning for the developers.

Best regards,
Johannes
Re: "svn: authentication cancelled" error [message #557620 is a reply to message #557277] Wed, 08 September 2010 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Johannes,
thanks for the valuable remarks and clarifications. I'll probably will use your rmap for dev and build, neat setup Smile

As for my original problem, I run with subversive now and can extract from svn.

I do get a strange problem though, just for the record (this is on Ubuntu 10.04 with tomcat6 from the repo and Hudson as a plain .war).
subversive wants to write to /usr/share/tomcat6/ and create a .subversion for config stuff. This is puzzling as /usr/share/tomcat6 is a read-only area for romcat6. I have a hudson home for tomcat and this is probably where this should go. I have no idea what is mis-comfigured here. I worked around that one by creating a .subversion in /usr/share/tomcat6 with permissions for the tomcat6 user ... dirty but works for now.

I can now build successfully. Smile The workspace is populated with my artefacts.

What fails now is the last steps in Buckminster, the product publish (site.p2) and or product assembly. My build commands look like this:
import  '${WORKSPACE}de.softproject.xe.standalone.releng/build-3.6.cquery'
build
perform de.softproject.xe.standalone.releng#site.p2
perform -D target.os=win32 -D target.ws=win32 -D target.arch=x86 de.softproject.xe.standalone.releng#create.product

and the error is this:

INFO:  perform 'de.softproject.xe.standalone.releng#site.p2'
No component named de.softproject.xe.standalone.releng is known to Buckminster
Finished: FAILURE

The id of my buckminster component is definitely 'de.softproject.xe.standalone.releng' so I don't understand why this now fails. It works in the IDE as usual Smile

Re: "svn: authentication cancelled" error [message #557637 is a reply to message #557620] Wed, 08 September 2010 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Thomas,

what top component does your query resolve? Is it
de.softproject.xe.standalone.releng?

As a remark:
perform de.softproject.xe.standalone.releng#site.p2
perform -D target.os=win32 -D target.ws=win32 -D target.arch=x86
de.softproject.xe.standalone.releng#create.product

site.p2 should be a prerequisite of create.product, so there is no need
for you to invoke site.p2 manually.

Best regards,
Johannes
Re: "svn: authentication cancelled" error [message #557652 is a reply to message #557637] Wed, 08 September 2010 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Johannes,
no, top component is
'de.softproject.xe.standalone.feature'. The releng component contains all buckminster/build related material.

The site.p2 step was just for testing Smile

-Thomas
Re: "svn: authentication cancelled" error [message #557725 is a reply to message #557652] Wed, 08 September 2010 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am 08.09.2010 14:45, schrieb Tomsen:
> Hi Johannes,
> no, top component is 'de.softproject.xe.standalone.feature'. The releng
> component contains all buckminster/build related material.
> The site.p2 step was just for testing :)
>
> -Thomas

Ok, that's the source of the problem. If your query resolves
de.softproject.xe.standalone.feature then there was no reason for
buckminster to try to resolve de.softproject.xe.standalone.releng. The
project is physically present in the location of the buckminster
workspace (if you had hudson do the checkout and used a local resolver)
but it never was imported as an eclipse project and is therefore not
visible for Buckminster.
You should either resolve de.softproject.xe.standalone.releng, or at the
create.product action to de.softproject.xe.standalone.feature (I usually
do the later).

Best regards,
Johannes
Re: "svn: authentication cancelled" error [message #557863 is a reply to message #557725] Thu, 09 September 2010 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*sigh* Johannes, yes. That was the problem. It works in the IDE of course because any valid project is visible once in the eclipse workspace ... I was assuming the same for hudson workspaces despite being told in other posts that this is not the case. Smile

I have a build now! This is great news. Now it's polishing and adapting.

One more observation from the subversive side:
when starting with a clean workspace I get these exceptions

INFO: import '/home/hudson/jobs/xslEasy40/workspace/de.softproject.xe.standalone.releng/build-3.6.cquery'
ERROR: SVN: 'Save Authorization Info' operation finished with error ERROR: SVN: 'Save Authorization Info' operation finished with error: No secure storage modules found. org.eclipse.equinox.security.storage.StorageException: No secure storage modules found. at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.PasswordProviderSelector.findStorageModule(PasswordProviderSelector.java:190) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferencesRoot.getModulePassword(SecurePreferencesRoot.java:231) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferencesRoot.getPassword(SecurePreferencesRoot.java:224) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferences.put(SecurePreferences.java:224) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferencesWrapper.put(SecurePreferencesWrapper.java:110) at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.AbstractSVNStorage.saveAuthInfo(AbstractSVNStorage.java:557) at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.AbstractSVNStorage.saveLocations(AbstractSVNStorage.java:515) at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.AbstractSVNStorage.saveConfiguration(AbstractSVNStorage.java:298) at org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveSession.createRoots(SubversiveSession.java:355) at org.eclipse.buckminster.subversion.GenericSession.createCommonRoots(GenericSession.java:416) at org.eclipse.buckminster.subversion.GenericReaderType.shareProject(GenericReaderType.java:142) at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.materializer.WorkspaceMaterializer.createProjectBinding(WorkspaceMaterializer.java:466) at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.materializer.WorkspaceMaterializer.installLocal(WorkspaceMaterializer.java:187) at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.materializer.WorkspaceMaterializer.performInstallAction(WorkspaceMaterializer.java:208) at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.materializer.AbstractMaterializer.installRecursive(AbstractMaterializer.java:164) at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.materializer.AbstractMaterializer.delegateAndInstallRecursive(AbstractMaterializer.java:189) at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.materializer.AbstractMaterializer.installRecursive(AbstractMaterializer.java:156) at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.materializer.AbstractMaterializer.delegateAndInstallRecursive(AbstractMaterializer.java:189) at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.materializer.AbstractMaterializer.installRecursive(AbstractMaterializer.java:156) at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.materializer.AbstractMaterializer.performInstallActions(AbstractMaterializer.java:68) at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.materializer.InstallerJob.runInWorkspace(InstallerJob.java:53) at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38) at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54) 

They are gone for runs on an existing workspace. The build itself is successful though and artefacts are created.

Following your advice I first tried to move the cspex and ant build file to standalone.feature. I was astonished to find the build fails from there as it can't resolve standalone.feature in the end. I ended up materializing the releng component in the buckminster workspace and build from there. For materialization I used your local provider example Wink Works like a charm.

I actually like this solution because that way I can separate the build stuff completely from the product code.

As for extracting using hudson rather than buckminster I am undecided. Do I get 'qualifier' resolution in plugins when I do the extract from hudson? When exactly resolves Buckminster the version 'qualifier'?

I also seem to have a format problem there. All examples use
# How .qualifier in versions should be replaced
qualifier.replacement.*=generator:lastRevision

# How the qualifier (last revision) should be formatted
generator.lastRevision.format=r{0,number,00000}

This produces something like 4.0.0.r23456.

I need something without the 'r' but when trying with

generator.lastRevision.format={0,number,00000}

I get a timestamp instead of the svn rev. The BuckyBook doesn't really explain how this works.

best regards

Thomas

EDIT

Found a post with the exact same problem:
http:// www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=tree&th=162231&#p age_top
It wasn't resolved at the time.

EDIT II
I might have found the answer. This is an Omni Version format string right? So this link applies
http:// wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Omni_Version#Format_Pattern_Expl anation

Unfortunately I can't really figure how to get my rev number without 'r' and I don't understand either how the 'r' gets appended to my revision in the first place Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 09 September 2010 11:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "svn: authentication cancelled" error [message #557894 is a reply to message #557863] Thu, 09 September 2010 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Lindberg is currently offline Henrik LindbergFriend
Tomsen <thomas.muehlfriedel@gmx.de> wrote:

> I also seem to have a format problem there. All examples use
> # How .qualifier in versions should be replaced
> qualifier.replacement.*=generator:lastRevision
>
> # How the qualifier (last revision) should be formatted
> generator.lastRevision.format=r{0,number,00000}
>
>
> This produces something like 4.0.0.r23456.
> I need something without the 'r' but when trying with
>
> # How the qualifier (last revision) should be formatted
> generator.lastRevision.format={0,number,00000}
>
>
> I get a timestamp instead of the svn rev. The BuckyBook doesn't
> really explain how this works.

Please log a bugzilla for documentation.
Meanwhile, try searching the forum/newsgroup.

--
- henrik
Re: "svn: authentication cancelled" error [message #557915 is a reply to message #557894] Thu, 09 September 2010 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Lindberg wrote on Thu, 09 September 2010 07:23
Tomsen <thomas.muehlfriedel@gmx.de> wrote:

> ...
>
> I get a timestamp instead of the svn rev. The BuckyBook doesn't
> really explain how this works.

Please log a bugzilla for documentation.
Meanwhile, try searching the forum/newsgroup.

--
- henrik

I did Wink Have You seen my latest edits?

-Thomas
Re: "svn: authentication cancelled" error [message #558105 is a reply to message #557915] Fri, 10 September 2010 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Henrik,
for some reason my last post from yesterday got lost.
I had another setup problem and the properties never made it into the right places. The setting
generator.lastRevision.format={0,number,00000}

works as expected for me i.e. it produces the format I want which is something like 3.1.0.23456.

Apologies for the false alarm. Embarrassed

best regards

-Thomas
Re: "svn: authentication cancelled" error [message #558398 is a reply to message #557277] Sun, 12 September 2010 10:45 Go to previous message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
On 09/06/2010 02:19 PM, Johannes Utzig wrote:
> I think this has been fixed here:
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=321733
> But this revision is AFAIK not yet released.

I published new builds to our download areas yesterday. Both to eclipse.org and our external site at cloudsmith.com.
This bug should be included now. Sorry for the delay.

- thomas
Previous Topic:"No suitable provider" error with svn provider
Next Topic:Think about multiple p2 repositories
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:24:08 GMT 2024