Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Changes in a Hudson job config don't show up in the build (changed settings do not seem to be used)
Changes in a Hudson job config don't show up in the build [message #557224] Mon, 06 September 2010 07:59 Go to next message
Tomsen  is currently offline Tomsen Friend
Hi,
I try to build my product as described in Johannes'
http:// wiki.eclipse.org/Building_an_RCP_application_with_hudson_%28 Buckminster%29 together with Ralf Eberts Blog on the same topic http:// swik.net/EasyEclipse/Planet+Eclipse/Ralf+Ebert:+Building+Ecl ipse+RCP+applications+using+Buckminster+and+Hudson/dkpm7. Johannes suggested to write the TP to a directory ${WORKSPACE}/targetplatform and archive this.

I tried and the TP build job failed for some reason. I tried to remove all traces of the special dir targetplatform (jvm arg, shell rm and archive cmd of targetplatform) and the job still tried to use targetplatform. What is worse, my dependant job which builds the product also still wants to use the archived targetplatform from that location
From the build output of the product build:
INFO:  setpref 'targetPlatformPath=/home/hudson/jobs/xsl-easy Target Platform 3.5/builds/2010-09-06_09-02-37/archive//targetPlatform'

How can I clean all this? Do I need to delete the jobs and start from scratch to get a clean setup?

EDIT: I might be wrong, I just reconfigured my TP job and checked what it produces in its workspace and everything seems clean. I got confused because I used
 targetplatform
as target dir and incidentally this also seems the default name for the archived location Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2010 08:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Changes in a Hudson job config don't show up in the build [message #557238 is a reply to message #557224] Mon, 06 September 2010 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Utzig is currently offline Johannes UtzigFriend
Hi Thomas,

I assume from you used the 'target platform publisher' feature of the
plugin for this? There is a combo box in your job configuration (labeled
'Target Platform') to configure this. Set this combo to the empty entry
if you do not want to use a published target platform.
setpref targetPlatformPath is a persistant setting though, so you will
either have to call setpref targetPlatformPath again with a different
value, or use 'importTargetDefinition -A your.target' to activate
another target platform.

Best regards,
Johannes
Re: Changes in a Hudson job config don't show up in the build [message #557242 is a reply to message #557238] Mon, 06 September 2010 09:10 Go to previous message
Tomsen  is currently offline Tomsen Friend
Thanks, Johannes.
All this works now as expected. Yes, I exported a Target Platform and intend to use it.
I rather have another problem now with the product build step Smile
See post my other post on the svn problems ...
best regards

Thomas
Previous Topic:product feature cannot be resolved in build
Next Topic:lastRevision NullPointerException on monitor?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:00:02 GMT 2024