Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Using external web servers
Using external web servers [message #555436] Thu, 26 August 2010 15:12 Go to next message
Ed Missing name is currently offline Ed Missing nameFriend
I am coming from using MyEclipse. I am used to having a deployment button and, under the servers tab, a list of the servers that I can start and stop pretty much as I want. And when started, the Console view shows what comes from stdout/stderr/System.out

Now (using Helios, latest version), when I try to add the Resin server to the server view, it automatically starts and the right-click menu has the stop choice greyed out. And the Console window doesn't show anything. The Tomcat server appears to work the way it did using MyEclipse.

Any idea why Tomcat and Resin are different? I want the control I get from having the servers external since my projects have to work with others that are not under my control and those projects require many changes to the various conf files (I tried to teach them the right way but they are stubborn Confused ) so I have to use the conf file with their changes and get my code to play nice in their sandbox.

Thanks.
Re: Using external web servers [message #555495 is a reply to message #555436] Thu, 26 August 2010 19:17 Go to previous message
Ivan Castro is currently offline Ivan CastroFriend
Hi Ed,

Resin is not part of the supported server in WTP, that's the big difference between that and Tomcat.

In order to get the nice Server Tools functionality with Resin you need to extend their tools to make use of the Start, Stop, Deploy and Run on Server features from Server Tools.

Also, you might want to search for existent plugins that already add support for Resin servers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ivan Castro
Previous Topic:WTP usability
Next Topic:WTP Axis - Client code generation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:22:42 GMT 2024