Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » WTP Axis - Client code generation
WTP Axis - Client code generation [message #555379] Thu, 26 August 2010 13:16 Go to next message
Marcin Choinski is currently offline Marcin ChoinskiFriend
When I'm generating WS client code (WTP, axis) I have all the used classes recreated by wsdl2java in my client project, however all methods of parent classes are skipped. It seems that only getters and setters for fields in lowest in hierarchy classes are preserved.

Is there some option for client generation, that I should switch to have all the classes properly recreated?

[Updated on: Thu, 26 August 2010 13:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: WTP Axis - Client code generation [message #555496 is a reply to message #555379] Thu, 26 August 2010 19:36 Go to previous message
Ivan Castro is currently offline Ivan CastroFriend
Hi Marcin,

The way to generate a client from a Web Service is to consume the Web Service itself, not recreate the functionality of it. In this case, wsdl2java is used to generate code so that it can make use of the Web Service. If you take a look at your WSDL you will notice that there are no specifications about parent classes of your service implementation, only the interface of your Web Service. Therefore, the code generated should be correct.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ivan Castro
Previous Topic:Using external web servers
Next Topic:tomcat and WTP: How to get dependent libraries into WEB-INF/lib
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:07:25 GMT 2024