Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How to fix NoSuchMethodError in exported product(NoSuchMethodError)
How to fix NoSuchMethodError in exported product [message #555308] Thu, 26 August 2010 09:37 Go to next message
Li Junhong is currently offline Li JunhongFriend
Hi All,

I have an RCP application, and I can export and run it quite well serveral days ago. But today when I try to run one of the functions of this application in the newly exported product. I met the "NoSuchMethodError" exception.

It says that one method of an interface I wrote can not be found. It's so strange. The product can run well several days ago. And the interfaces in the same plugin don't have such problem.

Even if I revert the related plugins back to the previous revision. This "NoSuchMethodError" exception is still there. This makes me so confused. I don't have any idea about what happen.

I search this exception on the internet. Not too many findings about such exception in RCP applications.

Does anybody meet this problem before. Please give me some suggestions if you have any idea about this. Thanks so much!

----------------------------------------
Li
Re: How to fix NoSuchMethodError in exported product [message #555320 is a reply to message #555308] Thu, 26 August 2010 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Li Junhong is currently offline Li JunhongFriend
I guess it may be caused by some configuration problems in the export process, or some settings problem.
Re: How to fix NoSuchMethodError in exported product [message #555393 is a reply to message #555308] Thu, 26 August 2010 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eshvar60  is currently offline eshvar60 Friend
Has there been any changes to:
plugin.xml
Start-up Configuration

Is the interface in a separate library or in your current project?

Have you tried launching your application with the "-clean" parameter in the arguments?
Re: How to fix NoSuchMethodError in exported product [message #556059 is a reply to message #555308] Mon, 30 August 2010 16:44 Go to previous message
Christian is currently offline ChristianFriend
Am 26.08.2010 11:37, schrieb Li Junhong:
> Hi All,
>
> I have an RCP application, and I can export and run it quite well
> serveral days ago. But today when I try to run one of the functions of
> this application in the newly exported product. I met the
> "NoSuchMethodError" exception.

Have you updated soem part of the RCP application in some way?
i.e. is there some older code present / and some plugin has specified
the older version as requirement and now fails?
so best check the plugin folder if some of your plugins are there in
multiple versions.. (check for the plugin that is missing a method)
Previous Topic:Spelling engine status
Next Topic:Workbench StatusLineManager
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:30:48 GMT 2024