Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to display another data set values in Table
How to display another data set values in Table [message #554432] Mon, 23 August 2010 07:07 Go to next message
Kavitha is currently offline KavithaFriend
Hi All,

I am having one table & 5 columns mapped to 1st data set.In one of the table column i need to show some data like data present Yes or No based on 2nd data set results.I am passing 1st data set variable to 2nd data set and i need to show 2nd data set details in table format.

I have designed like table is mapped to 1st data set and in one of the column i mapped to dynamic text field which i mapped to 2nd data set.on create of dynamic text field i am building htmlTable to display 2nd data set details in table format.

Problem is 2nd data set has list of values for each 1st data set.But on create of dynamic text i am getting only single record.Please let me know which is the better way to achieve my requirement or how to get list of details from 2nd data set.

Thank you,
Kavitha
Re: How to display another data set values in Table [message #554574 is a reply to message #554432] Mon, 23 August 2010 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard A. Polunsky is currently offline Richard A. PolunskyFriend

Your set up is a little unclear.

I think you have:

DATASET 1
column 1
column 2
column 3

DATASET 2
column a
column b

And you want to see:either:

TABLE
Set 1 Column 1
Set 1 Column 2
Set 1 Column 3
Set 2 column B (where Dataset 2 column a = Dataset 1 column 3)

OR

TABLE
Set 1 Column 1
Set 1 Column 2
Set 1 Column 3
A single flag indicating whether any data exists in Dataset 2 for the current row of Dataset 1 (where multiple matching rows may exist in Dataset 2)

If it's the first, then you probably want to join the queries or the datasets. If it's the second, we'd need some more information on your comparison and criteria.

I think joining the queries might be the more efficient approach, but I have no idea how complex your two datasets are.

Re: How to display another data set values in Table [message #554677 is a reply to message #554432] Tue, 24 August 2010 05:09 Go to previous message
Kavitha is currently offline KavithaFriend
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply.

Its second one.I want to display like

TABLE
Set 1 Column 1
Set 1 Column 2
Set 1 Column 3
Flag.
A single flag indicating whether any data exists in Dataset 2 for the current row of Dataset 1 (where multiple matching rows may exist in Dataset 2).I will be passing data set 1 parameter to data set2.
I want to loop through multiple matching rows in Dataset 2 and build Html-table.

HTMLCommentsTable = HTMLCommentsTable + "<table border= '1'><tr><th>Item No: (e.g. A2)</th><th>Comments</th></tr><tr><td WIDTH='10%'>"+temp+"</td>"+
"<td WIDTH='90%'>"+row["COMMENTS"]+"</td></tr></table>";

Please help me

Thank you,
Kavitha
Previous Topic:Can BIRT run the crystal report RPT files?
Next Topic:Column Mapping from one node name to multiple fields
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:27:01 GMT 2024