Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse RT (runtime) » Studying past Equinox-to-RT move
icon5.gif  Studying past Equinox-to-RT move [message #554159] Fri, 20 August 2010 11:18
Nicolas Anquetil is currently offline Nicolas AnquetilFriend
Hi people,

[ If you follow several of the Eclipse lists, you will note that I had a similar post in the Eclipse Community Forum. This one is different nevertheless ]

I am interested in studying the changes in structure resulting from projects restructurings.
I found for example that Eclipse platform went through such restructuring between 2.1 and 3.0 (and maybe just before 2.1?).

Looking at the sources of plugin org.eclipse.osgi (in eclipse CVS) I found that "The Equinox project has moved to the RT cvs repository"

The wiki page http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_Eclipse_to_RT_Migration is not very explicit on why this move happened and whether it was preceded/followed by a restructuring.

Does anybody has more information on this?

I am interested in projects that went under restructuring to study the effects on the packages structure of such endeavour.

So my question is whether Equinox-->RT fits the following definition:
- there has been a project restructuring
- the restructuring was "well delimited in time" so that I can identify a before version (or date) and an after version (or date). And also so that the effects of restructuring don't get too much mixed up with other evolutions (bug correction, feature addition, ...)
- source code before and after restructuring is available
- source code is Java (obviously this is the case for Equinox)

If it did answer the prerequisites, I would be interested in knowing the plugins affected (before and after the restructuring) so as to compare them.

any help will be immensely appreciated

thank you in advance

nicolas
Previous Topic:Nominate for Best EclipseRT Application by Jan. 29
Next Topic:Where is the source code for org.eclipse.osgi.service ? (in CVS)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:08:04 GMT 2024