Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Spatiotemporal Epidemiological Modeler (STEM) » Predicates - AbsoluteTime test condition(editing absolute time)
Predicates - AbsoluteTime test condition [message #553983] Thu, 19 August 2010 15:00 Go to next message
Traci Arthur-Hartranft is currently offline Traci Arthur-HartranftFriend
I am working with the weekly build as of August 1, 2010.

The only predicate tests I am able to successfully apply are the absolute and elapsed time tests. Elapsed time allows me to edit the value in terms of whole days. But when I use the AbsoluteTime test it automatically populates the time with the STEM time that I created the predicate's "child" and I am unable to edit this time in the GUI.

Should I be able to? If not, will it work if I go in and directly edit the time field in the predicate xml file? If so, can you give a bit of an explanation of the expected format there?

From the other messages/bugs, I am thinking you may be doing more with the Predicates in the next release?

Thanks - Traci
Re: Predicates - AbsoluteTime test condition [message #554059 is a reply to message #553983] Thu, 19 August 2010 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Edlund is currently offline Stefan EdlundFriend
Hi Tracy,

I was just proposing postponing predicates and triggers until after release 1.1.0, since I don't think it's ready yet. For instance, not being able to edit an absolute time entry like you noticed is a problem. The only kinds of predicates we've used in demos and that works are the absolute time kinds. There are also open question what it means when a modifier is invoked by a predicate. For instance, if a modifier on an inoculator is triggered does it mean we implement a daily vaccination rate or just inoculate once?

Is this a high priority item for you?
Re: Predicates - AbsoluteTime test condition [message #554174 is a reply to message #554059] Fri, 20 August 2010 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Stefan -

I think all that stuff (modifiers on inoculators or the graph network, additional predicate tests, etc.) will be good to strive for and something we would like to use in the future. But for now, in the immediate sense, it isn't a priority for us

As long as the elapsed time test works on the basic disease parameters, we can get our initial functionality established.

A nice-to-have, but not necessary, would be if directly editing the absolute time in the xml file works. Does it? We would be doing it this way instead of through the GUI. If so, I think I can deduce most of the format of the string, except I may want some additional clarification on a couple of parts.

Thanks - Traci
Re: Predicates - AbsoluteTime test condition [message #564761 is a reply to message #553983] Thu, 19 August 2010 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Edlund is currently offline Stefan EdlundFriend
Hi Tracy,

I was just proposing postponing predicates and triggers until after release 1.1.0, since I don't think it's ready yet. For instance, not being able to edit an absolute time entry like you noticed is a problem. The only kinds of predicates we've used in demos and that works are the absolute time kinds. There are also open question what it means when a modifier is invoked by a predicate. For instance, if a modifier on an inoculator is triggered does it mean we implement a daily vaccination rate or just inoculate once?

Is this a high priority item for you?
Re: Predicates - AbsoluteTime test condition [message #564776 is a reply to message #554059] Fri, 20 August 2010 12:40 Go to previous message
Thanks Stefan -

I think all that stuff (modifiers on inoculators or the graph network, additional predicate tests, etc.) will be good to strive for and something we would like to use in the future. But for now, in the immediate sense, it isn't a priority for us

As long as the elapsed time test works on the basic disease parameters, we can get our initial functionality established.

A nice-to-have, but not necessary, would be if directly editing the absolute time in the xml file works. Does it? We would be doing it this way instead of through the GUI. If so, I think I can deduce most of the format of the string, except I may want some additional clarification on a couple of parts.

Thanks - Traci
Previous Topic:AMP Disease Simulation
Next Topic:Malaria
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:46:46 GMT 2024