Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » How to replace welcome page tutorials, customize tutorial page with my own html content.(To customize tutorial page with my own html content.)
How to replace welcome page tutorials, customize tutorial page with my own html content. [message #553345] Tue, 17 August 2010 08:44 Go to next message
Srikanth Puppala is currently offline Srikanth PuppalaFriend
I want to add my own tutorials in the eclipse welcome page. I dont want the existing tutorials.

How can i replace content of tutorial page with my customized html content.
Re: How to replace welcome page tutorials, customize tutorial page with my own html content. [message #553430 is a reply to message #553345] Tue, 17 August 2010 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Austin is currently offline Chris AustinFriend
I don't think that you can replace the content entirely, without removing the plugins which declare that content. You can extend the welcome to include your own tutorial content, this might help: http:// help.eclipse.org/helios/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/g uide/ua_intro_universal_contributing.htm
Re: How to replace welcome page tutorials, customize tutorial page with my own html content. [message #553447 is a reply to message #553430] Tue, 17 August 2010 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thankyou very much chris, I am able to remove all the contributions to the tutorial page. And the tutorial page was displayed with out any links.

Now in the available space, I want to load html content through some content provider. I am unable to do so.......

Thanks in advance...
Re: How to replace welcome page tutorials, customize tutorial page with my own html content. [message #553476 is a reply to message #553447] Tue, 17 August 2010 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are a few examples of ContentProviders that Eclipse uses - if you take a look at org.eclipse.ui.intro/org.eclipse.ui.intro.contentproviders there is both a Checkbox and the RSS Viewer. Check them out, they may help you implement your own.
Re: How to replace welcome page tutorials, customize tutorial page with my own html content. [message #553587 is a reply to message #553476] Wed, 18 August 2010 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes you are right Chris, I had added contentProvider tag under group tag insted of link.

<extensionContent id="group_extention" name="Java Development" alt-style="css/tutorials.properties" style="css/tutorials.css" path="tutorials/@">
<group id="java" style-id="content-group">

<contentProvider id="url= http://web.progress.com/en/mediacasts/rss.html##welcome_item s=1##no_news_url=http://www.abc.com/##no_news_text=Welcome to the xyz Community Page" pluginId="ownwelcome" class="ownwelcome.RSSTest" />
</group>
</extensionContent>

This woked for me, html content is passed from RSSTest.

Thanks a lot Smile
Re: How to replace welcome page tutorials, customize tutorial page with my own html content. [message #553605 is a reply to message #553587] Wed, 18 August 2010 07:45 Go to previous message
i have one more problem

In eclipse welcome screen we have the following pages:
* overview
* firststeps
* tutorials
* samples
* whatsnew
* migrate
* webresources

Apart from those pages need to add my own page, is it possible. I tried out using my own introContent.xml file, but its not working.

is there any way to do so.....

Thanks in advance.....
Re: How to replace welcome page tutorials, customize tutorial page with my own html content. [message #624363 is a reply to message #553430] Tue, 17 August 2010 14:48 Go to previous message
Thankyou very much chris, I am able to remove all the contributions to the tutorial page. And the tutorial page was displayed with out any links.

Now in the available space, I want to load html content through some content provider. I am unable to do so.......

Thanks in advance...
Re: How to replace welcome page tutorials, customize tutorial page with my own html content. [message #624364 is a reply to message #553447] Tue, 17 August 2010 16:16 Go to previous message
There are a few examples of ContentProviders that Eclipse uses - if you take a look at org.eclipse.ui.intro/org.eclipse.ui.intro.contentproviders there is both a Checkbox and the RSS Viewer. Check them out, they may help you implement your own.
Re: How to replace welcome page tutorials, customize tutorial page with my own html content. [message #624366 is a reply to message #553476] Wed, 18 August 2010 06:35 Go to previous message
yes you are right Chris, I had added contentProvider tag under group tag insted of link.

<extensionContent id="group_extention" name="Java Development" alt-style="css/tutorials.properties" style="css/tutorials.css" path="tutorials/@">
<group id="java" style-id="content-group">

<contentProvider id="url= http://web.progress.com/en/mediacasts/rss.html##welcome_item s=1##no_news_url=http://www.abc.com/##no_news_text=Welcome to the xyz Community Page" pluginId="ownwelcome" class="ownwelcome.RSSTest" />
</group>
</extensionContent>

This woked for me, html content is passed from RSSTest.

Thanks a lot :)
Re: How to replace welcome page tutorials, customize tutorial page with my own html content. [message #624370 is a reply to message #624366] Wed, 18 August 2010 07:45 Go to previous message
i have one more problem

In eclipse welcome screen we have the following pages:
* overview
* firststeps
* tutorials
* samples
* whatsnew
* migrate
* webresources

Apart from those pages need to add my own page, is it possible. I tried out using my own introContent.xml file, but its not working.

is there any way to do so.....

Thanks in advance.....
Previous Topic:Opening help in a view on the workbench
Next Topic:How to add new page along with existing pages of eclipse welcome screen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:00:20 GMT 2024