Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » After click a MenuItem of a toolbarDropDownButton, the MenuItem is still displayed in the screen
icon5.gif  After click a MenuItem of a toolbarDropDownButton, the MenuItem is still displayed in the screen [message #553296] Tue, 17 August 2010 04:55 Go to next message
Bin Wu is currently offline Bin WuFriend
Hi,

After I click a MenuItem of a toolbar (if clicking it will not popup a dialogue), the MenuItems are still displayed in the screen.

Some sample code:
bot.menu("Window").menu("Show View").menu("Console").click();
bot.toolbarDropDownButtonWithTooltip("Open Console").menuItem("1 Java Stack Trace Console").click();
bot.menu("Window").menu("Show View").menu("Ant").click();
bot.toolbarDropDownButtonWithTooltip("Open Console").menuItem("3 CVS").click();

As the code, even if I had open another view "Ant", the dropdown menuItem "1 Java Stack Trace Console".."3 CVS" are still displayed.
It will make me fail to click the "3 CVS" menuitem at the last line of the code.
I will see the WidgetNotFoundException("Could not find a menu item")

Is it a known issue?
Is there any workaround?

Thank you
Re: After click a MenuItem of a toolbarDropDownButton, the MenuItem is still displayed in the screen [message #554380 is a reply to message #553296] Sun, 22 August 2010 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marko Tomljenovic is currently offline Marko TomljenovicFriend
Workaroun is to press "ESC" after the action.
Re: After click a MenuItem of a toolbarDropDownButton, the MenuItem is still displayed in the screen [message #629488 is a reply to message #554380] Tue, 28 September 2010 13:18 Go to previous message
Bin Wu is currently offline Bin WuFriend
Thanks a lot for your help although the thanks are a bit late. Smile
Previous Topic:SWTBot has different behaviour depending if the window is top-most or not
Next Topic:Would you like to contribute a testimonial?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:44:00 GMT 2024