Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Maximize the Intro/Welcome View
Maximize the Intro/Welcome View [message #552348] Wed, 11 August 2010 20:06 Go to next message
Kyle Dodson is currently offline Kyle DodsonFriend

I'm brand new to RCP (using Helios release). I'm finding most of what I need in the docs and other forum threads (thanks to all!). Unfortunately, I'm stuck on something:

I've added an intro/welcome page using the CustomizableIntroPart class following the "minimal" example provided in the docs. When the intro view opens (automatically the first time or via the ActionFactory.INTRO action in a menu), it definitely opens in the "full" mode (as opposed to the "standby" mode), but it isn't maximized. See below:

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/6000/screenshotol.png

I can't find anything on how to maximize the view (or any view). I was hoping this could open like the Eclipse SDK welcome page where it hides the toolbars and other open views. Could anyone provide some guidance on where I should be looking or what I may be doing wrong? I could post code, but everything is taken from the docs and applied to the "Mail" demo RCP template with label/icon modifications.

Thanks so much!

--
Kyle Dodson
Re: Maximize the Intro/Welcome View [message #554897 is a reply to message #552348] Tue, 24 August 2010 16:28 Go to previous message
eshvar60  is currently offline eshvar60 Friend
Are you trying to have both the Welcome View and Barcode Image View open in the same folder? (This would mean only one can be seen at a time and you can switch between them by clicking on tabs). If this is the case then you should make your Welcome view be stacked relative to the Barcode View.

If you are defining your perspective in the plugin.xml set the relationship of the welcome screen as "stacked" and make it relative to your Barcode View.

If you are defining it in code, google "adding stacked view eclipse rcp", its simple.

For a welcome screen you might consider making a DialogWindow though. Let me know how it goes.
Previous Topic:Modular RCP Application
Next Topic:3.3 org.eclipse.ide Is it safe to use in RCP?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:34:55 GMT 2024